By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

CrazyHorse said:
Carl2291 said:
He got me again! Same move!

I was taking about 30 off per arrow, but only had enough arrow's to take him to about half life.

Im gonna go around the castle again, get a load of souls and buy a load more arrows... I'll get him that way

Oh, is the Phalanx soul used for any equipment i should use? Or should i just eat it?

Do you have the soul arrow spell? I found it quite easy to beat him once I learned that (in fact I found that the most useful weapon in the early game!) You may need some fresh spice to top up your MP or could use soul arrow and bow combination.

Not yet i don't... Didn't know i could have it at this stage in the game

I just found a crossbow too, and i have a load of bolts.

Should take him out quite easily this time

Around the Network

@Carl

Tower knight is pretty easy with melee.

Get behind him, slash at his ankles.

He only has two moves (both are broadcast way ahead of time) that can hit you from behind, his leap back and his shield smash AoE.

After a little while he will fall over (make sure to move out of the way!) then hit his head for 100s of points of damage.

Shouldn't take too much healing (I did it with none).

lestatdark said:
The largest amount I had lost before this was 500K, but losing 3M, felt like someone just gave me a punch in the stomach :P

I just stopped doing soul farming sessions, I just want the damned platinum >_<.

I'm surprised you still don't have the platinum Lestatdark with all the knowledge you have about the game.

What are you missing?

The most I lost was around 2M and I regretted a little bit keeping so much on me without training.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

@Carl

I believe the phalanx soul is used to make the scraping spear item, which, might be useful to some people. But if not, chomp it down for some souls.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/scraping-spear

Hiko said:
lestatdark said:
The largest amount I had lost before this was 500K, but losing 3M, felt like someone just gave me a punch in the stomach :P

I just stopped doing soul farming sessions, I just want the damned platinum >_<.

I'm surprised you still don't have the platinum Lestatdark with all the knowledge you have about the game.

What are you missing?

The most I lost was around 2M and I regretted a little bit keeping so much on me without training.

I'm still missing the Unique Weapons and all Spells/Miracles trophy, i'm on NG++ now getting the Unique Weapons and Spells one, and on NG+++ i'm getting the All Miracles one.

I could have had the trophy a long time ago, i'm just messing around farming for Colourless Demon's Souls and getting back on Pure White CT once more :P Also farming for souls has kept me going, this game is just to good to give it up xD

@Carl

The Phalanx soul is, as EncodedNybble said, used to make a Scraping Spear. You'll need a Short Spear +7 or Winged Spear +7 in order to make it (plus you'll also have to defeat the 2-2 boss and discover Blacksmith Ed in 2-1).

You must make this spear now or later if you're going for platinum trophy. The spear itself isn't much of a weapon for PvE, but for PvP can be a terror for your opponent, because each hit of the spear takes off 10 points out of the durability of your opponent's equipment, you can pretty much destroy any equipment with it, rendering your opponent helpless. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
@sabby_e17

Well, I for one don't condone you for putting so much emphasis on luck, but it's rather useless at this point in the game.

Luck will only be a factor once you get the BlueBlood sword, since luck boosts the attack of the sword by two points for each luck point. If you factor the boosts that you get from Strength, Magic and Faith, with high luck, Blueblood sword can be the best sword in the game, with over 600 attack power.

But if you want to reroll, I suggest that you do, and try to focus your character on an exclusive type of build. As you were more of a Bow user before, why not try to invest more points in Dexterity next time?

As for me, i'm going a hybrid of Warrior/Mage now, it's nice to cast Firestorm for massive damage and then switch to a Dragon Bone Smasher +5 and a Tower Shield +5 on the other hand xD

Ok, I'll take your advice. Should I start with "Hunter" class again?

Done him

Gonna level up some now.

sabby_e17 said:
lestatdark said:
@sabby_e17

Well, I for one don't condone you for putting so much emphasis on luck, but it's rather useless at this point in the game.

Luck will only be a factor once you get the BlueBlood sword, since luck boosts the attack of the sword by two points for each luck point. If you factor the boosts that you get from Strength, Magic and Faith, with high luck, Blueblood sword can be the best sword in the game, with over 600 attack power.

But if you want to reroll, I suggest that you do, and try to focus your character on an exclusive type of build. As you were more of a Bow user before, why not try to invest more points in Dexterity next time?

As for me, i'm going a hybrid of Warrior/Mage now, it's nice to cast Firestorm for massive damage and then switch to a Dragon Bone Smasher +5 and a Tower Shield +5 on the other hand xD

Ok, I'll take your advice. Should I start with "Hunter" class again?

Ok, I don't know why my posts are passing through, but i'll try it one last time.

If you're going to be a primarely Bow user, hunter or thief is the way to go.

You'll start with the best light armour in the game, good dexterity stats (12) and overall balanced stat.

Being a Hunter, you'll want to hit 30 Dexterity and 22 Strength A.S.A.P

30 Dexterity will allow you to make an insane amount of damage, once you get the Lava Bow, or better, the Sticky Compound Long Bow +5, which at 30 dexterity does 125 damage to the Tower Knight in NG++

22 Strength will allow you to use the Purple Flame Shield, which when it hits +10, becomes the best shield overall in the entire game, not only for it's high Guard Reduction (82%), but because of it's 100% Damage and 90% Fire Reduction.

Also, the only weapon you'll ever need for melee will be the Sharp Uchigatana +5, which increases massively in damage done as you increase dexterity (it goes to way over 400 damage at 99 Dexterity), plus it attacks very fast and only drains 20 stamina per swing. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Huh, what happened?

I don't know, I was trying to post a pic with the stats of the Hunter, but each time that I did, my post didn't appear >_

Current PC Build