By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

School is over.

Demon's Soul, you are now free to take over my life.

Around the Network

damnit MM stop editing my op. lol

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Just got my copy... I just played through the intro -- I am happy deep down in my gut.

Feels like going back and entering the dungeons of Diablo for the first time...  from a different perspective, with totally different and less polished gameplay and more interesting imagery, and possibly better writing and voice acting (despite the weird bits of translation).

Going to go back and create a character I'm sure I'll be happy with. Do the classes really matter at all after the beginning? I'm mostly just worried about having a good face and name.

Anyone else really low-level around here, want to play co-op or pvp later?

alic0004, you can't set up formal PvP. You can only invade random people who are a similar level after you get your blackeye stone.

Starting character doesn't matter that much, it only effects your starting items and stats. It matters more how you build your character up.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

So I slayed the dragon with millions of arrows and received quite a few souls. I'd say between 6 to 7 thousand in 1-2. I also dispatched that big poor tower knight.

I would like to play some co-op if possible. I'm a level 23 hunter. If interested, let me know. My psn is solidshane05.

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

Oh just curious.....If I've beaten 1-1 and 1-2, which would be the best to tackle next. I was thinking 2-1 or 3-1, but I don't want to get to far in over my head.

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

SolidShane said:
Oh just curious.....If I've beaten 1-1 and 1-2, which would be the best to tackle next. I was thinking 2-1 or 3-1, but I don't want to get to far in over my head.

2-1 should be your next target.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ameratsu said:

alic0004, you can't set up formal PvP. You can only invade random people who are a similar level after you get your blackeye stone.

Starting character doesn't matter that much, it only effects your starting items and stats. It matters more how you build your character up.

Yeah, I'm starting to see that now.  The co-op invite for low-level players still stands.  I'll be working for most of tomorrow, but in the evening or anytime on monday I'd love to get a game going.  Will slay for souls...  I'd be glad to play in someone else's world.  My PSN is Alic44.

Just at the end of 1-2, and I'd just like put this out there:  I haven't died yet!  Eat it b*tches!  The fight against the slime demon did take me about 10 minutes (or more?) to beat though, so I'm a little worried about the next guy.

SolidShane:  I'm sending you a friend request on PSN.  Hopefully I can catch you up level-wise, I think I'm only in the teens right now.

Music, you up for a game later tonight?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I stickied the thread so it's easier to find.

And definitely outlaw. I'm basically stuck in my game, and have been waiting for you to get on for some co-op. I haven't seen you on in days.

Basically I'm stuck for a few reasons:

1. The 2-2 boss is way too hard for me to beat alone, and I'm not even gonna bother trying to get further into 4-1 based on the thing I saw recently.

2. Upgrading my sword to the Dragon Sword (or upgrading my gear at all) would help, but I can only get hardstone now via random drops in 1-2 and 2-1. I really only have Luck on my side now.

3. Leveling up takes too long just by grinding, and when I do level up, I put it towards Luck to help with #2. Because of that, I never actually improve in areas that'll help me beat 2-2 or 4-1 on my own.

Basically, I need halp!