By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

wenlan said:
ameratsu said:
sage freke should be right by the winding staircase, near his apprentice

i know, he is NOT there..... :(

maybe the silent chief killed him?dunno.or some nasty bug.

Is there a way to have a pure white tendency without going online?Beating the bosses the 1st time without dying is next to impossible.

Around the Network

This game is taking a sit until finals are over on Friday.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

benjo2684 said:

maybe the silent chief killed him?dunno.or some nasty bug.

Is there a way to have a pure white tendency without going online?Beating the bosses the 1st time without dying is next to impossible.

i killed that bastard right after i released him from the cage.  it's the bug....

regarding pure white offline (from http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency)

Getting Pure White World Tendency in offline mode

*Do not enter online mode if you want to follow this guide. Stay completely offline!

• Keep at least 1 Boss alive. Usually the 2nd Boss in World 2, 3, 4 and 5. The 3rd Boss in World 1.
  • Clear the path to the Primeval Demon and unlock all shortcuts necessary.
    • World 1 - Kill the Red Dragon in 2-1. Kill Tower Knight in 1-2. Unlock large gate in 1-3.
    • World 2 - Kill Armored Spider in 2-1. Activate Fog to tunnels leading to Flamelurker.
    • World 3 - Kill Fool's Idol in 3-1. Gather all required Keys to reach Lord Rydell's location.
    • World 4 - Kill Adjudictator in 4-1.
    • World 5 - Kill Leechmonger in 5-1. Lower the drawbridge on the cliff. Activated the First and Second Fog in 5-2.
  • Now, prepare yourself because you are not going back to the Nexus for a while.
  • Get 5-7 Stone of Ephermerl Eyes (depending on your World Tendency).
  • Revive and get yourself killed in that particular World that you are working on until you reaches Pure Black World Tendency.
  • Find and kill the Black Phantom NPC
    • World 1 - 1-1 Miralda, left of starting archstone.
    • World 2 - 2-2 Scirvir, jump down to reach him. If the fog in the tunnel is not activated you are screwed because you can't get to the Primeval Demon.
    • World 3 - 3-1 Rydell
    • World 4 - 4-1 Satsuki, start of 1-1.
    • World 5 - 5-2 Selen, near First Fog.
  • Now, without returning to the Nexus, you must find your way to the Primeval Demon and kill it.
    • World 1 - 1-3 Just go through the gate and you should find it in a location over looking the 3 Red Eyes Knights.
    • World 2 - 2-1 At the bottom of the moving platform below the 2 Rock Throwers at the beginning on 2-1.
    • World 3 - 3-2 At the bottom of the swamp.
    • World 4 - 4-2 In the area behind the Dual Katana Skeleton in the hidden passage.
    • World 5 - 5-2 In the swamp near the slug nest.
  • Once you had killed the Primeval Demon, return to the Nexus. You should be in White World Tendency.
  • Kill 1 Boss in Soul Form (not recommended to do it in Body Form because you will lose World Tendency if you screwed up).
  • Return to Nexus, you should be in Pure White World Tendency.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

axumblade said:
Finally beat 1-2 and 2-1 last night! I was proud of myself lol. I'm trying 3-1...or should i go for something else?

sounds reasonable, make sure you lvl up with 4-1 first

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

axumblade said:
Finally beat 1-2 and 2-1 last night! I was proud of myself lol. I'm trying 3-1...or should i go for something else?

What level are you?

I think we should play 4-1 together!

And it'd be nice if we could keep the OP up to date on everyone's class and level. Would make it easier and make this seem like a race!

Around the Network

Oh, and should I upgrade my scimitar into a scimitar +4 or a Quality Scimitar +1?

crap i dont have firestorm. i just rescued yuria and used my dragon's demon soul on a spell from freke a little while ago. guess i dont get it until next game.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

alright! i beat 3-2 by myself and beat 4-2 even though my co-op friend died. i'm now level 53.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

outlawauron said:
Oh, and should I upgrade my scimitar into a scimitar +4 or a Quality Scimitar +1?

from the demon's souls wiki. here is a description of the branching upgrade options for weapons.

• Sharp - Damage bonus is heavily modified by dexterity.
  • Quality - Moderate damage bonus from strength and dexterity.
  • Mercury - Poison special effect.
  • Fatal - Critical special effect.
  • Crescent - Damage bonus heavily modified by magic. Minor MP regen.

crescent is HIGHLY powerful if your magic stat is high. My Crescent Falcion +4 does 101 base physical + 109 base magic + 75 bonus magic damage (because of my magic level) per hit. The only bad part about some branching upgrades is that they take rare metals for upgrades that are not easy to find. a lot of these special upgrades must be done by the blacksmith in 2-1.

Planning on getting the game on Friday and leveling up over the weekend so I can try some co-op. Anyone with a low to mid level chartacter interested in multiplayer, send me a friend request -- my PSN is Alic44.