By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1 Month away - Predict INFAMOUS ratings and sales

As for the game itself, I'm predicting it will rate in the 8.7.-9.3 range. It looks very good, has a promising story, and the choice to be a hero or villain is quite appealing. inFAMOUS is being made by a quality developer who is known for making good games. Interesting city design, and a plethora of various electric-based powers to choose from.

As for sales - I think it just got a little bit of a boost by including the Uncharted 2 multiplayer demo in it. I think it will sell between 1.0-1.5million copies within it's first year. I guess it also depends how much advertising Sony does for the game. I was watching todays NFL Draft and saw a lot of PlayStation commercials so it looks like they're getting more aggressive.

Thoughts?

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

I think it will rate in the low to mid-80's... It looks really good, but, I don't think it will get exceptional reviews.

But it will sell like Killzone 2 did because of the Unchartered multi-player bundling. (aka How Microsoft bundled Halo Multi-player beta with Crackdown to push its sales)...

Although infamous is getting lots of hype, Sony released Killzone 2 and LittleBigPlanet reviews more then a month before their releases. They are not doing this for infamous. Doesn't mean it will be a bad game... Just not a 90+...

I suspect that it will get a rating of 86 on Metacritic, and it will sell about 1,3 million.

I'm buying it either way.

I predict 82% on Gamerankings, 240,000 copies 1st week and 800,000 lifetime.

i don't think it's gonna break a million , not possible.

Around the Network

280k first week
800k lifetime, perhaps 1M.

blackstar said:
i don't think it's gonna break a million , not possible.

Why do you think that? I think this game is gonna make Uncharted: Drakes Fortune sales

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

90+ review

sales 390K first week

LT sales 2.4+ million

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

kowenicki said:
Predictions for this game have become slighlty difficult due to the Uncharted beta. Before that was announced i was thinking this was under the radar of most gamers. Popular on gaming sites like this but the general public dont even know it exists.

Hint: Uncharted is no Halo.

kowenicki said:
Predictions for this game have become slighlty difficult due to the Uncharted beta. Before that was announced i was thinking this was under the radar of most gamers. Popular on gaming sites like this but the general public dont even know it exists.

So the general puplic knows uncharted

BTW:  if they dont know Infamous how will they know that uncharted demo is comming in the first place

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)