By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name a non-sports game that doesn't involve death

Braid, anyone?

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network
bloody swamp said:
Reasonable said:
Lucasarts adventures such as Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island and the great Grim Fandango (which has a better story then most other games put together, voice acting too).

I'm pretty sure Grim Fandango involves death in some way

Also, I heared you can die in the Secret of Monkey Island if you try holding your breath for more than 10 minutes

Everybody is dead in Grim Fandango, so I reckon that doesn't count.  You can get sprouted - but that's clearly different. 

Although the guy who get's mashed to pieces probably does count.  But I don't care, it's one of the best games ever that too few people played so I'm gonna keep mentioning it whenever I can.  I'd love to see titles like that stuck on PSN/Live.

I've never heard of dying in Monkey Island - 'Secret of' you say, I'll have to check that out.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Buzz!

How about most board games that are ported to consoles?  Most of them have somewhat of a story.

CommunistHater said:
Mario dies a lot you are scared of dying the whole time

Does Mario ever say the words "death", "died", or "dead"?

Just because gamers attach the terms to what happens doesn't mean that's what's happening.  In fact, Mario 64 does something to make it more clear that it's NOT death going on.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

CRASH BANDICOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avalach21 said:
wfz said:
Oh my god.

How could I forget!

Super Monkey Ball!

your monkey can fly off the edge to its death.

That's death

No, it's not. "Fall Out" Does not mean death, and even when you get a game over, it's not a death. It's just the monkey giving up.

All the Guitar hero and Rock Band games...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

okay, my question is why not more death? :)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

My sims?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.