By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only person who respects Nintendo as a dev but not a console maker

Wait... am i supposed to respect a company launching a console with a 20 to 30% defect rate? Or a company with such an expensive console that i'm asked to find myself a second job to be able to afford it? Asking the question already gives you the answer...

Wait... are all the hardware makers supposed to make the exact same console, with the exact same controls for the exact same games? Cos there's really no need to have three variations on the same theme, you know: even a single PC-compatible console would then be enough...

Wait... is the wiimote totally irrelevant? Without Nintendo, would that innovation even be possible? The wiimote (and the DS stylus) have given me some of my best gaming memories EVER, and you want Nintendo to quit?

Wait... are Nintendo games designed so well DESPITE the controllers they've build, or THANKS to the controllers they've build? When hardware and software go so well hand in hand, why do you want to cut half of the equation?

I could go on and on, but really, without Nintendo as a hardware maker, gaming wouldn't be what it has became, and for that reason only, they desearve some respect, whether you play their consoles or not... and there are many other reasons, just as "respectable"...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network
68soul said:

Wait... am i supposed to respect a company launching a console with a 20 to 30% defect rate? Or a company with such an expensive console that i'm asked to find myself a second job to be able to afford it? Asking the question already gives you the answer...

Wait... are all the hardware makers supposed to make the exact same console, with the exact same controls for the exact same games? Cos there's really no need to have three variations on the same theme, you know: even a single PC-compatible console would then be enough...

Wait... is the wiimote totally irrelevant? Without Nintendo, would that innovation even be possible? The wiimote (and the DS stylus) have given me some of my best gaming memories EVER, and you want Nintendo to quit?

Wait... are Nintendo games designed so well DESPITE the controllers they've build, or THANKS to the controllers they've build? When hardware and software go so well hand in hand, why do you want to cut half of the equation?

I could go on and on, but really, without Nintendo as a hardware maker, gaming wouldn't be what it has became, and for that reason only, they desearve some respect, whether you play their consoles or not... and there are many other reasons, just as "respectable"...

*claps* Well done 68soul.. WELL DONE!