By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me decide...

The only thing I can confirm is that Konami is working on an unnamed RPG for Wii, but hasn't specified what that title is. Personally I'm hoping it's Suikoden VI. :D Possible Bandai support with the Tales games are unknown, since they started that joint effort with Sony and the PS3/Cell agreement. :-/ I've heard Bioware is working on a DS RPG, but haven't heard anything about a Wii game from ANY western RPG developer. :( Well, the Wii has a good chance to get Jrpg's on board if Wii keeps selling like it is (3.4 to 1 ratio over PS3 for this year so far in Japan). But for some reason I think that Western RPG developers are more of the power-monger variety, and won't even look at the wii, even if the Wii does surpass the 360 in North America and Europe. :(

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

vanguardian1 said: The only thing I can confirm is that Konami is working on an unnamed RPG for Wii, but hasn't specified what that title is. Personally I'm hoping it's Suikoden VI. :D Possible Bandai support with the Tales games are unknown, since they started that joint effort with Sony and the PS3/Cell agreement. :-/ I've heard Bioware is working on a DS RPG, but haven't heard anything about a Wii game from ANY western RPG developer. :( Well, the Wii has a good chance to get Jrpg's on board if Wii keeps selling like it is (3.4 to 1 ratio over PS3 for this year so far in Japan). But for some reason I think that Western RPG developers are more of the power-monger variety, and won't even look at the wii, even if the Wii does surpass the 360 in North America and Europe. :(
I agree you should be able to get some good JRPG's on the Wii, but as far as Westerns are concern don't how you breath. But then again it's about which games you want and if graphics mean alot to you cause alot of games that are supposed to be exclusive to 360 or PS3 may end up getting ported if it sales really well.

mrstickball said: Just do a google search on any of the 360 RPGs I've mentioned in this thread, or the other I posted - there are quite a bit. IMO, I'd wait a little while to buy a 360. June/July should be the best time, as we should have a price drop near then + Blue Dragon will hit the US (awesome US & Japaneese voice selections, yay). Supposedly, the major gaming stores are getting the new 120gb 360s in May at $480. Kinda high, but I assume they'll drop the price in June or so. So again, if you want a 360, wait. Summer should see about 2-3 JRPGs hit the 360 (Culdicept Saga, BD, maybe another one or two + Circle of Doom in August I believe). So even a core 360 should cost around $200 by then. Enchant Arms is a bargian-basement game now, and Oblivion + Shivering Isles should be cheaper by then.
I heard about the Gamestores having the SKU at 479.99 for the Zephyr but think thats just a matter of them covering their butts. The Zephyr won't sell for more than 399.99. Gamestores always price things high initially, that way if a product is priced higher than they expect they aren't on the hook with consumers. For example, I remember how Wii titles were priced at $59.99 on EB's site initially.

Personally I own a Japanese WII (for example) and have Fire Emblem, but as I'll need to finish the GC version first I haven't checked the WII version yet ;) At least there are 3 controller options to use, Gamecube controller, classic controller or the remote. Last month rumors we're spreading that a remake of Tales of the Abyss will come to the WII and a direct follow up named Tales of Harmonia or Tales of the Harmony. Unfortunate I no longer hear a thing about these rumors as they were suppose to be confirmed. With JP RPG's you're better off at the moment with the PS2 (on where new RPG games are still being confirmed in Japan) or DS. PS3 not really, there are about 3 or 4 nice games being confirmed but before you'll see the first one it will take about a year or so. At the moment it's nothing but FPS, action and sportsgames which you'll find on the PS3. So I most definite wouldn't buy the PS3 or Xbox 360 when you fancy JP RPG games. Except of Blue Dragon there's nothing much interesting released on the MS console. That so called secret RPG project of Konami for the WII was unfortunately canceled, as far as I know Unless someone can confirm that I'm completely wrong "please" do so!

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Wow. Going back to the OP topic. I think the first good JRPG's will be released on the 360 first. In the long run I think either the PS3 or the Wii will have the most JRPG's period. Considering tonality and content I would vote the PS3 to be at the top of the list if you are an RPG fan.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

WiiGirl76 said: Personally I own a Japanese WII (for example) and have Fire Emblem, but as I'll need to finish the GC version first I haven't checked the WII version yet ;) At least there are 3 controller options to use, Gamecube controller, classic controller or the remote. Last month rumors we're spreading that a remake of Tales of the Abyss will come to the WII and a direct follow up named Tales of Harmonia or Tales of the Harmony. Unfortunate I no longer hear a thing about these rumors as they were suppose to be confirmed. With JP RPG's you're better off at the moment with the PS2 (on where new RPG games are still being confirmed in Japan) or DS. PS3 not really, there are about 3 or 4 nice games being confirmed but before you'll see the first one it will take about a year or so. At the moment it's nothing but FPS, action and sportsgames which you'll find on the PS3. So I most definite wouldn't buy the PS3 or Xbox 360 when you fancy JP RPG games. Except of Blue Dragon there's nothing much interesting released on the MS console. That so called secret RPG project of Konami for the WII was unfortunately canceled, as far as I know Unless someone can confirm that I'm completely wrong "please" do so!
The Konami RPG for Wii was not cancelled. They came out and denied those reports from what I recall. Also you seem to have forgotten about Lost Odyssey, its from the same developer as Blue Dragon and its being released this Christmas on 360. Eternal Sonata is also seeing release this year for 360 and Tri-Crescendo/Monolith Soft/Bandai-Namco iare behind it.

WiiGirl76 said: Personally I own a Japanese WII (for example) and have Fire Emblem, but as I'll need to finish the GC version first I haven't checked the WII version yet ;) At least there are 3 controller options to use, Gamecube controller, classic controller or the remote. Last month rumors we're spreading that a remake of Tales of the Abyss will come to the WII and a direct follow up named Tales of Harmonia or Tales of the Harmony. Unfortunate I no longer hear a thing about these rumors as they were suppose to be confirmed. With JP RPG's you're better off at the moment with the PS2 (on where new RPG games are still being confirmed in Japan) or DS. PS3 not really, there are about 3 or 4 nice games being confirmed but before you'll see the first one it will take about a year or so. At the moment it's nothing but FPS, action and sportsgames which you'll find on the PS3. So I most definite wouldn't buy the PS3 or Xbox 360 when you fancy JP RPG games. Except of Blue Dragon there's nothing much interesting released on the MS console. That so called secret RPG project of Konami for the WII was unfortunately canceled, as far as I know Unless someone can confirm that I'm completely wrong "please" do so!
Because this is kinda on topic... Wiigirl - the Tales games you are thinking of, were expected to be announced for Wii. They ended up being announced for PS2. "Tales of Fandom" and then one for the DS I think.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

More on jRPG --- @ http://wii.ign.com/articles/772/772659p1.html "Koei met with members of the Japanese press in Tokyo today to unveil a new, original RPG for the Wii. Titled Opoona, this game is being developed by Japanese development house Arte Piazza (previous work on Dragon Quest VII and the PS2 remake of Dragon Quest V) for Japanese release this summer." Sounds interesting...