By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 17 (04/20/09 - 04/26/09)

Hero_time88 said:
Perhaps it's just me but shouldn't Wii Sports Resorts 2 not mostly appeal to those people who already have a Wii for Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit?

Exactly what I've been thinking...

Around the Network

^don't get angry now thesource. Just a question : why do you wait for other tracking companies to post their numbers before posting yours? Do you actually track Japan sales? colour me skeptic. Nice work on the preview though. Your math was right on , but you lacked a little common sense and some more research work I think.

but, its weird the sudden drop in the wii's popularity. It's not like its getting so many games elsewhere.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
The said:
^don't get angry now thesource. Just a question : why do you wait for other tracking companies to post their numbers before posting yours? Do you actually track Japan sales? colour me skeptic. Nice work on the preview though. Your math was right on , but you lacked a little common sense and some more research work I think.

vgchartz chartz numbers come from the numbers they get themselves and all other sources which is why all other sources numbers come before VGC

Star Scream said:
Hero_time88 said:
Perhaps it's just me but shouldn't Wii Sports Resorts 2 not mostly appeal to those people who already have a Wii for Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit?

Exactly what I've been thinking...

I coudn't agree more....

In the same way that I don't see Punch Out giving a bigger boost in the West than MHG did in Japan...

The Wii sold like mad because it was everywhere in the news ( heck even on OpraH) and it was hard to find.

Both those things are over and combine that with the recession and you will find out that the majority of gaming purchases are once again going to be made by more traditional gamers.

The people that got on board with Blue ocean are now moving on to things like the Iphone....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

wow didn't see PS3 > Wii coming

TheSource said:

Um Ail

No one ever claimed Wii would

a) be saved in Japan. You can't be saved when your 5m ahead

b) get a long term boost from these titles

You think you are over-reacting much?

Second, Deca Sports 2 wasn't just my expectation as a big title. Hudson shipped 80,000 copies the first week. With those figures you have to figure Nintendo and Hudson both expected at least a bit of a bump. Finally, Monster Hunter G did boost sales for Wii this week. I'll give you Muramasa - that should never have been pitched as a boost. But the other two titles were sound expectations.

Alot of you were ready to massacre me for calling for a 40k PS3 drop this week, even though thats exactly what happened. If your going to knock me for missing Wii by 5k, at least recognize I got the harder prediction, the scale of the PS3 drop - correct.

If anyone sais anything in contradiction to a prediction of yours I will always know they are wrong. =)

Over-reaction seem to be the only reaction for a certain few even worse some are just very problematical about their warped (but based on solid foundations) cognitions.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Hero_time88 said:

ding ding ding ding could not agree more. The game will sell like gangbusters but huge amounts of software? Nope do not see it happening.

43k for in KZ2 in Japan? Thats really good I think.

wow ps3 >> wii ?