By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (4/23) - MHG Wii, Killzone 2, Disaster Report 3

MHG is not just a port... it's a port of a remake. 92k day one is good.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

The PSP games are ports with addition features yet sell millions, MHG surely was had new features added? No excuses the franchise is not big on consoles, it's not going to change with the Wii.

NJ5 said:

No, MHG (Wii) is a port of a PS2 game (MHG) which was a expansion (of sorts) to Monster Hunter on the PS2.

Monster Hunter Freedom (PSP) is a port of MHG (PS2), but that has nothing to do with MHG on Wii.

Monster Hunter G (Wii) is a port of Monster Hunter G (PS2) and has no correlation with the PSP as it's the PS2 version.

RPG said:
The PSP games are ports with addition features yet sell millions, MHG surely was had new features added? No excuses the franchise is not big on consoles, it's not going to change with the Wii.

One of the features they added to the Wii version is that you have to pay to play. It's hardly an enticing feature of course ;)

DMeisterJ said:
NJ5 said:

No, MHG (Wii) is a port of a PS2 game (MHG) which was a expansion (of sorts) to Monster Hunter on the PS2.

Monster Hunter Freedom (PSP) is a port of MHG (PS2), but that has nothing to do with MHG on Wii.

Monster Hunter G (Wii) is a port of Monster Hunter G (PS2) and has no correlation with the PSP as it's the PS2 version.

Okay, so the best comparison for Wii first day and first week sales should be the PS2 version of MHG. Oh wait, that would make these sales look good, so you can't do that, right?

Around the Network

Pretty sure all console versions were pay to play online in Japan, surely the excuses have no yet started?

Capcom try making the most $$$ as possible from the console versions so p2p makes sense, PSP versions do not have psp though as Capcom exec's wipe their asses with $$$ thanks to them so don't need the extra cash.

RPG said:
Pretty sure all console versions were pay to play online in Japan, surely the excuses have no yet started?

Capcom try making the most $$$ as possible from the console versions so p2p makes sense, PSP versions do not have psp though as Capcom exec's wipe their asses with $$$ thanks to them so don't need the extra cash.

Why are excuses needed? Monster Hunter G sold 127k first week on the PS2, so 92k first day doesn't look bad at all for a port.

Inigo13 said:
DMeisterJ said:
NJ5 said:

Okay, so the best comparison for Wii first day and first week sales should be the PS2 version of MHG. Oh wait, that would make these sales look good, so you can't do that, right?

No, the best comparison wouldn't be that, because that came out when Monster Hunter was not a popular franchise.  The true barometer really should be MHP2G because that's the most recent game, and the install bases are comprable, and the series is now popular.

I was being kind with the MHP1 comparison but that doens't fly because there are 4x the Wiis out now than PSPs when it launched.

ok, let's get this straight... some people these days are making the stupidest claims so I want to make sure people are claiming this:

1. MHG is a years old PS2 game.

2. It is ported to the PSP where it finds new life and sells well. (After all, becoming mobile adds to the game).

3. Most of the people in Japan who are interested in MHG would already own it..

4. It comes to wii, a years old port of a PS2 game, which has already found success selling to people who want this game... it adds nothing new except now you got to pay to play online, which was previously free, and 92K first day sales is no good???

Ok so if this is you, please quote me and say so just so we all can see who you are and what type of brain you have! Thanks.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

NJ5 said:
RPG said:

One of the features they added to the Wii version is that you have to pay to play. It's hardly an enticing feature of course ;)

As also widescreen, lightning enhancements and some other graphical stuff.