By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There's Not Enough Room For Both Of Us In This World... Sony VS Microsoft

VS      

HE he just like them old westerns theres not enough room for both of us in this town.  Do u think later on in the future after the ps3 and 360 gen that there will only be one left?  The situation was the same with Nintendo with there Gamcube they must of realized that they can not go against the ps3 and 360 so they took a chance and did something totally different with there wii so i think that there will always be room for the wii if they continue to go the route that they are going now. Also with Sega and there Dreamcast could u imagine wat it would of been like last gen if we had the ps2, xbox, gc, and dc there would be no room for the retailers to stock up the games and accessories for each console in there stores.

With the PS3 and 360 being very similar game library, power, and controller wise like Halo is similar to KZ and Gears is similar to Uncharted and now with almost every 3rd party going to both platforms and that they both have this online store where the games offered on that are the same for both not to mention the ever growing PSN that should reach XBL status soon do we really need both platforms?

Do you think that some day one of these companies will back out of the console game? Or is there even room for Sega to come back?

I personally think that one day maybe not next gen or the 1 after that one of these 2 will drop out of the console game

Play Me

Around the Network

Microsoft will never drop out

PS3 will be here for a lot longer than the 360.

More importantly, both will be in the next gen console market... and i highly doubt that either will get the SEGA treatment.

No, I'll miss you Sony T_T

But war... war never changes

Personally I like the "3 party system" we have right now. Even though the PS3 and 360 are not that different, there is plenty of variety this gen. Adding more consoles would hurt the industry in my opinion.

Around the Network

I see Microsoft getting out before Sony, but I still doubt either will leave after next gen.

Well I know for sure that Microsoft arent going to back out for quite some time.

if any game company drops out its going to be sony they've lost over 3 billion dollars because of the ps3 and i also think the share holders will force them out

who will replace them id a difficult question i think either apple,Activision Blizzard,sega or Atari

appel becuse there trying to get iphone and itouch in the handheld industry they may see a opportunity to jump ship and make a home console

Activision Blizzard because they have so many Ips it may justify making a home console

sega and atari they've made consoles in the pat and this may be the best time to make a new one

It's a given that Microsoft will have another console just based on what some people in the industry have said. I also can't imagine Sony leaving the Playstation brand behind so it's doubtful they'll leave either.

As for Sega I can't see them returning to the hardware side since the price of admission has gotten so steep. It's far more advantageous for them to remain a third-party than to risk it all again.

Microsoft can afford more losses than Sony which is always an important factor. Then again I disagree one of them will drop out of the market.