By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MySims Reviews - Can EA stuff up again?

I think it is pretty different to The Sims. I would say, if you like building and designing houses in Sims you'll love MySims, but if you prefer building relationships between the Sims then probably you won't like it as much

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

NGamer UK actually gave MySims a 90% rating, while they gave MP3 a 91% rating, so it seems to be a matter of taste..

As that naked dude on the show Kablam always says, "OUCHIES!!"

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

It is a Sims console game so I can see why it got the score! The Sims just need to stay on the PC. I'm waiting for Sims 3.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I don't get how Animal Crossing, a much more repetitive game with less things to do would get a higher score than this.

I thought it looked better than AC, for the facts that you can build your own furniture in any shape you want and you have much more options in the game.

All you did in AC is get apples (or w/e fruit), sell, pay debt, get another bigger debt... =__= I got tired of it VERY fast.

I don't mind repetition in a game, I'm a fan of Sims, but I like variety of things you can do. I also like creativity, which is a very big point in MySims.

Around the Network

I still plan on giving it a rental myself. It's out on the 16th here in North America, right? :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

For me their bad points are weird:

General bad points were:

- minor 'glitches' (some pauses, game "freezes" when game changes from day/night)

I don't know a single game that has no glitches...

- some control issues (menu options too small, hard to find with Wiimote control), some doors can be hard to get through

That I can understand, but from what I've seen, it shouldn't be too much a problem.

- gameplay is very repetitive - almost becomes a chore. Game gets old

It's a Sims game... What did you expect?

- bit cliched

Okay and? It's cute and who cares if it is? There are many clichéd games, especially RPGs but that doesn't stop people from enjoying them!

- no multiplayer, online, communication elements (pure single player)

In some way, multiplayer online would have been fun, like visit someone else's town, but I'm not a very big online games fan... Besides, Sims games were never really about multiplayer experiance.

EDIT: 200th post! Woot! 

lolita, If someone can explain to me why I enjoyed playing Animal Crossing for two months, spent halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, and new years in the game (I stalked Jingle all nite...got the whole Xmas collection) then I will give them a cookie. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that several people can live in the same town. My gf and I played this together when we first started going on. It turned her into a gamer.

And it probably is better than AC, by now. Most of us AC fans are waiting for the Wii version to see what kind of upgrades they give it. I expect a major leap, considering that the creator also created the Miis. There should be plenty of customization and wiiconnect24 utilization. Nintendo rarely fails to innovate (as a first party).

It was fun to play with your GF and see that she enjoys a video game, that's why. Also, the special events are quite a nice touch in the game but that's about it... Rest of the days are boring!

For me, that game didn't had much features I liked... It was fun for a month or two but then got really boring. It is a Nintendo serie I don't really like... If they could add more customisation, more places to explore, more interaction, chose to not have a debt and more things to do... It would be appealing, maybe...

now all the reviewers always put high scores to violent games or fps, and casual and cute games always have low scores,this is nothing new,if you like ac, the sims, hm, buy it ,but if you like fps, run very very far and fast lol.