By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The iphone is becoming a serious gamers machine guys.

Jeronimo66 said:
austin2359 said:
It confuses me that there are so many different models.

If I want a nintendo system, I get a DS or DSi (really the same basic model). If I want a Sony system, I get a PSP.

But what the heck? Iphone. Ipod touch Regular Ipods. Ipod shuffle. I'm simply presented with too many choices, and they probably aren't compatible with each other game-wise.

If you notice, he didn't mention the Wii but did say the iphone is a strong as an original Xbox. So that means the Wii is stronger than the original Xbox, which is a debate in itself.

Just do a little research and you will know the difference, and how does not mentioning the wii mean the wii is more powerful than the origional xbox?

If he was a smart marketer and knew the iphone could match the wii, he would say it, as it makes it look more modern.

But he could only compare it to the PS2 and xbox.  His ommision speaks volumes, but I think most impartial people agree that the wii, though not an HD console, has more efficiency and power than the original Xbox and certainly the PS2 or Gamecube.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
You didn't buy a PSP because lack of games so you choose iphone? The thing is full of little flash games you can play for free online.

I was itching to buy a portable gaming device, so I bought a DS earlier this year, my first hand-held gaming system, and I haven't bought a Nintendo product since the NES, but the DS wasn't for me, I was also thinking about buying a sony psp, but it doesn't seem to have enough games, so I held out, but after seeing this game for the iphone and finding out the iphone is more powerful than the sony psp, I just might go buy a iphone or an ipod touch.

- When did I say I have an iphone or that I will get one?

Now you're just getting picky, you are still choosing the iphone over PSP because of games, which is ridiculous, which is my point.

I disagree. I think the iPhone will be mostly used as a gaming device by people who bought the iPhone because it is a phone and an iPod. I think this will make the large majority of iPod gamers, "casual."

Now, the DS has a huge amount of casual gamers, but it also is very strong in two other demographics, "core" and "youth."

Now, I'm sure that a lot of people get this mixed up, but "core" games and "adult" games aren't the same thing. NSMB and Mario Kart aren't necessarily youth or casual games. They are "core" games, and the core base is alive and well on the Nintendo handheld.

The DS is not the Wii, and in fact the iPhone seems to be much more closely related to the Wii than the DS, as far as comparisons go, from a strictly gaming perspective.

Bottom line, the DS is one of the best core gaming consoles this generation. The iPhone never will be. Apple might be doing well, but that doesn't mean the iPhone is a serious gaming machine when you compare it to its main competitors.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Also, imho, Apple products are very often overpriced considering the features. You are in essence paying a brand tax for these phones. Now, the gaming library is certainly nice, because this is a mainstream system, but imo, you'd get a better value with a free Pearl and a DS or a PSP. Much better gaming and multimedia.

Does the iPhone still require you to repurchase your MP3s through a proprietary store? Get a Sony walkman. Great advice to any potential iPod customers.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
Now you're just getting picky, you are still choosing the iphone over PSP because of games, which is ridiculous, which is my point.

No no no, the iphone has captured my attention, so I will keep watching it to see what games will come out for it and may make a future purchase.

Jeronimo, you sound worse than a PS3 fanboy. "Just you wait! [INSERT GAME HERE] will SURELY be what takes the cake for the iTouch!"

Seriously.

"The games will come" holds absolutely no water. Stop preaching at us until the games are here. Until then, you're just really, really annoying.

SW-5120-1900-6153

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Also, imho, Apple products are very often overpriced considering the features. You are in essence paying a brand tax for these phones. Now, the gaming library is certainly nice, because this is a mainstream system, but imo, you'd get a better value with a free Pearl and a DS or a PSP. Much better gaming and multimedia.

Does the iPhone still require you to repurchase your MP3s through a proprietary store? Get a Sony walkman. Great advice to any potential iPod customers.

Games selection at the moment I wouldn't argue, but everything else, the ipod touch trumps the PSP, I don't even own an ipod touch, but it is clear that it is a better media player, internet browser, and has 8 Gigs of RAM on the basic model for 230, didn't the psp cost 250 at launch.

The psp cost 170 right now, but how much is an 8 Gig memory stick going to run you?

I don't even have to look it up and I know.

thetonestarr said:

Jeronimo, you sound worse than a PS3 fanboy. "Just you wait! [INSERT GAME HERE] will SURELY be what takes the cake for the iTouch!"

Seriously.

"The games will come" holds absolutely no water. Stop preaching at us until the games are here. Until then, you're just really, really annoying.

The whole point of my thread is to show that the Ipod touch is beginning to be a serious games machine from that one trailer I saw.

If you don't like my point of view then don't post then.

Can someone tell me something. Do you have to sign up to AT&T to play an iphone?