By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The iphone is becoming a serious gamers machine guys.

I dont understand, why is camarack saying its just under a ps2(iphone) when the PSP is more powerful than the ps2 spec wise, then he claims the iphone is more powerful than psp?

mM
Around the Network

@ Jeronimo66

I knew it had an accelerometer, like my own Nokia, it is just that I would rather use buttons/ analogue sticks because the motion can be quite sensitive at times and that can make precision quite arduous!

PSN: Gippon

Gippon said:
@ Jeronimo66

I knew it had an accelerometer, like my own Nokia, it is just that I would rather use buttons/ analogue sticks because the motion can be quite sensitive at times and that can make precision quite arduous!

Did you look at the link to the game though?

leo-j said:
I dont understand, why is camarack saying its just under a ps2(iphone) when the PSP is more powerful than the ps2 spec wise, then he claims the iphone is more powerful than psp?

I was thinking the same thing, but I heard somewhere that the psp has a bit less RAM than the ps2, I don't know how true it is though, because I thought myself that he psp was more powerful than the ps2.

LOL, I thought this was a joke thread...

And the graphics? my ass. A PSP burned through those graphics with LAUNCH games. Look at wipeout Pure.

Also, Armack is an iPhone/apple finatic. Remember Sony claiming that the PS3 would be twice as powerful as the 360? This is nothing new...

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
LOL, I thought this was a joke thread...

And the graphics? my ass. A PSP burned through those graphics with LAUNCH games. Look at wipeout Pure.

Also, Armack is an iPhone/apple finatic. Remember Sony claiming that the PS3 would be twice as powerful as the 360? This is nothing new...

I don't think John Carmack have any reason to lie, I heard somewhere that the iphone has 128 MB of RAM, but uses about 20 MB of RAM for Apps.

It confuses me that there are so many different models.

If I want a nintendo system, I get a DS or DSi (really the same basic model). If I want a Sony system, I get a PSP.

But what the heck? Iphone. Ipod touch. Regular Ipods. Ipod shuffle. I'm simply presented with too many choices, and they probably aren't compatible with each other game-wise.

If you notice, he didn't mention the Wii but did say the iphone is as strong as an original Xbox. So that means the Wii is stronger than the original Xbox, which is a debate in itself.

austin2359 said:
It confuses me that there are so many different models.

If I want a nintendo system, I get a DS or DSi (really the same basic model). If I want a Sony system, I get a PSP.

But what the heck? Iphone. Ipod touch Regular Ipods. Ipod shuffle. I'm simply presented with too many choices, and they probably aren't compatible with each other game-wise.

If you notice, he didn't mention the Wii but did say the iphone is a strong as an original Xbox. So that means the Wii is stronger than the original Xbox, which is a debate in itself.

Just do a little research and you will know the difference, and how does not mentioning the wii mean the wii is more powerful than the origional xbox?

I saw a video of the IGN guy playing the Top Gun game and while it seemed interesting, I can't say controlling the aircraft by tilt controls looked to be all that effective.

Seeing the game though takes me back to the Top Gun PS1 game..... one of the two first games I ever owned for my PS1.

I don't see Quake Live appearing on the iPhone as a viable platform. I'm sorry, I actually like my Quake games to play fast-paced.

Please.

The BuShA owns all!