By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The iphone is becoming a serious gamers machine guys.

Slimebeast said:
Jeronimo66 said:
Slimebeast said:
So how much does the iPhone cost? I perdict $350.

Ipod touch, 8gig 229, 16gig 299, and 32gig 399.

"Ipod touch"? Can u phone with one? I thought it was a MP3 player.

No you can't phone with an ipod touch, but you can play games on it.

Around the Network

My wife has an iPhone for business reasons.
So does her business partner.
So does my boss.
So does my boss' boss.

The reason I bring this up is that one everyone looks at the number of units out there and their power. They are powerful because they are running business applications for people rather than games.

I want to download some FREE GAMES from the AppStore -- but I have not figured out how to set up an account yet and it is not the most intuitive or user friendly piece of hardware out there.

Overall, Apple is a luxury brand and some people pay for it because of that. It also has some hardware that does some things really well. But gaming on the iPhone is not necessarily one of them.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Jeronimo66 said:
thetonestarr said:
Go with a G1.

What is G1?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Dream

SW-5120-1900-6153

Iphone will never be serious competitor to DS and PSP due to lack of any buttons.

I don't see much else than point and click adventure games or some puzzle games that can be made good on this.

If motion sensing was good for flying controls "Lair" would sell few milion copies instead of being flop :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I like to keep my videogames, mp3 player, and cellphones separate.

Around the Network

iPhone games, hmmm... meh.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

greenmedic88 said:
iPod Touch runs every app/game that the iPhone does. Can be used for Skype calls over WiFi network, but cannot access 3G network (part of the data subscription plan for the iPhone).

It has full network access via WiFi over open/recognized networks.

The only thing it doesn't do is access 3G/Edge network for phone calls/text messaging, hence the iPhone.

that is a common misconception, unfortunately if the app uses the iPhone's networking capabilities the iPod Touch will run it but may not be able to use it full (or really at all if the app is dependent on the network)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Here is a link to a list of iphone games right here on VG Chartz:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=70290

SJGohan3972 said:
greenmedic88 said:
iPod Touch runs every app/game that the iPhone does. Can be used for Skype calls over WiFi network, but cannot access 3G network (part of the data subscription plan for the iPhone).

The only thing it doesn't do is access 3G/Edge network for phone calls/text messaging, hence the iPhone.

that is a common misconception, unfortunately if the app uses the iPhone's networking capabilities the iPod Touch will run it but may not be able to use it full (or really at all if the app is dependent on the network)

The only misconception would be that a user could run a network based app without being connected to any network, whether than be WiFi, 3G, or Edge. They all function the same, just at different speeds and different ranges/availability.

If an app can run on Edge, you don't need to take my word for it; it runs on a WiFi network as long as you stay connected (within range obviously).

greenmedic88 said:
SJGohan3972 said:
greenmedic88 said:

The only misconception would be that a user could run a network based app without being connected to any network, whether than be WiFi, 3G, or Edge. They all function the same, just at different speeds and different ranges/availability.

If an app can run on Edge, you don't need to take my word for it; it runs on a WiFi network as long as you stay connected (within range obviously).

thanks, makes perfect sense - so as long as your iPod touch is connected to a WiFi network it can play network games - cool that makes it a better value for me.

Jeronimo66 said:
Here is a link to a list of iphone games right here on VG Chartz:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=70290

thanks for the plug there :)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.