By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The iphone is becoming a serious gamers machine guys.

Jeronimo, I really feel sorry for you if you think that Top Gun game is going to be any good. That was your example of the iPhone's capability for serious gaming, right?

Even the Assassin's Creed game is stretching it thin. It proves that a game with that type of gameplay can be done on the iPhone, but I doubt it will control as precisely as real buttons.

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

iphone
gamer
serious

LOL

Vertigo-X said:
Jeronimo, I really feel sorry for you if you think that Top Gun game is going to be any good. That was your example of the iPhone's capability for serious gaming, right?

Even the Assassin's Creed game is stretching it thin. It proves that a game with that type of gameplay can be done on the iPhone, but I doubt it will control as precisely as real buttons.

I also saw the assassins creed game, and I like the fact that you didn't just bash the virtual buttons idea as garbage, but just thought it may not be ideal for gaming.

.........that is what I meant by potential, I think with virtual buttons, you can still have a satisfying gaming experience.

.........and I think as more developers play with the accelerometer controls and the touch screen, ds and psp owners will start to take notice once they get hands-on and more traditional games come to the ipod touch.

I am not endorsing apple, nor am I an apple fanboy, I just saw the potential from that video and thought it was pretty cool, and I now have my eye on the ipod touch.

thetonestarr said:
L.C.E.C. said:
thetonestarr said:
That wasn't "early" iTunes, either. I feel like it was a few years before I started using iTunes and I definitely dealt with that irritating registration problem for a couple years, myself.

The trick, however, is to burn those files to a CD as an audio CD, then rip them again.

You do know, that circumvention of the DRM license was (at the time, I don't think anyone cares now), illegal? BTW, what if my PC doesn't have a CD Burner? My mom's doesn't have a CD Drive.

Technically it's only illegal if you distribute upon circumventing it. As long as it's only for your own personal use, it's 100% legal. They can't tell you what you can and cannot do with something in YOUR possession, when you're only using it FOR yourself.

And yes, I know.

^^^Yes, but, aah, nevermind, you get my point on that one... So what could my poor old mum do without a CD drive? She actually still has old DRM-filled songs... and a little latptop without a CD-drive. I mean sure, she could go out and buy a USB-CD-Drive, but then she's paying for something she doesn't need just to remove the DRM from her songs. (In actuality, she doesn't give a damn, but I'm sure there are people out there with this problem).

Jeronimo66 said:
Vertigo-X said:

I also saw the assassins creed game, and I like the fact that you didn't just bash the virtual buttons idea as garbage, but just thought it may not be ideal for gaming.

.........that is what I meant by potential, I think with virtual buttons, you can still have a satisfying gaming experience.

.........and I think as more developers play with the accelerometer controls and the touch screen, ds and psp owners will start to take notice once they get hands-on and more traditional games come to the ipod touch.

I am not endorsing apple, nor am I an apple fanboy, I just saw the potential from that video and thought it was pretty cool, and I now have my eye on the ipod touch.

Wow, that's a pretty friendly response after I made that semi-inflammatory post. I tip my hat to you for keeping your cool on teh internetz. :)

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
thetonestarr said:
L.C.E.C. said:
thetonestarr said:
That wasn't "early" iTunes, either. I feel like it was a few years before I started using iTunes and I definitely dealt with that irritating registration problem for a couple years, myself.

The trick, however, is to burn those files to a CD as an audio CD, then rip them again.

You do know, that circumvention of the DRM license was (at the time, I don't think anyone cares now), illegal? BTW, what if my PC doesn't have a CD Burner? My mom's doesn't have a CD Drive.

Technically it's only illegal if you distribute upon circumventing it. As long as it's only for your own personal use, it's 100% legal. They can't tell you what you can and cannot do with something in YOUR possession, when you're only using it FOR yourself.

And yes, I know.

^^^Yes, but, aah, nevermind, you get my point on that one... So what could my poor old mum do without a CD drive? She actually still has old DRM-filled songs... and a little latptop without a CD-drive. I mean sure, she could go out and buy a USB-CD-Drive, but then she's paying for something she doesn't need just to remove the DRM from her songs. (In actuality, she doesn't give a damn, but I'm sure there are people out there with this problem).

Outta luck, gotta put up with it. =|

Either that, or log into a system that HAS a CD burner, authorize those songs on that system, and burn 'em from there. After all, they're usually authorizable on five systems.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Ha. No. Most gamers I've met hate that thing. I for one fucking hate the lack of buttons.

lol at people still thinking gaming is about the "most powerful" device.
has the DS and Wii taught us and developers anything??

hello how are you.

Paperdiego said:
lol at people still thinking gaming is about the "most powerful" device.
has the DS and Wii taught us and developers anything??

Jeronimo, the thread's creator, isn't saying it's about the power. He's saying that it can provide an adequate source of gaming on the little portable. While I was saying that it won't be as good a source as the DS or PSP, he seems to agree, now.

Maybe it started off from a graphics perspective, but now we've gotten to the point to where the Iphone/Ipod Touch can be a satisfying provider of games.

The BuShA owns all!

i had one and HATED it. I will never buy an ipod again. Zune FTW

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!