By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Early Media Create...PS3 at 57k in japan

Famitsu dissagrees with 58k. They had it at 28-40k.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@kasz

this thread is about FF13

don't bring in "inferior" games to its greatness into this thread

;)

So as long as I avoid MGS4 i'm fine?

;)

isnt beelzebub another name for lucy (lucifer), similar to how in islam god has lots of names highlighting gods different qualifies :s

oh and you forget, hog and magog, the cannibal race who will arrive just before the anti christ :p

ot: those are some nice figures. cant blv a demo managed to do that... maybe it was the japanese killzone2 release that drove the sales! yes, thats it, it was GG and kz2. GG and kz2 FTW!!!

Its pretty cool, but people are underestimating what this is.

This is essentially *the* hardware boost from FFXIII - all the hardcore players *will* pick up the demo, which means they *will* pick up a PS3.

When FFXIII does come out, the hardware boost will be a fraction of what it would have been otherwise.

... but - wtf at "NDS Pokemon Fushigi no dungeon 142k" - day#1 sales were stronger, wasn't it tracking at 250k?

EDIT: I'm expecting FFXIII "Prologue" to be announced next! ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I think vgc numbers will be 40k-45k, still enough for ps3 to pass 360 next week

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Around the Network
non-gravity said:
Famitsu dissagrees with 58k. They had it at 28-40k.

That's not Famitsu, those are TheSource's estimates based on preliminary data.

shams said:

Its pretty cool, but people are underestimating what this is.

This is essentially *the* hardware boost from FFXIII - all the hardcore players *will* pick up the demo, which means they *will* pick up a PS3.

When FFXIII does come out, the hardware boost will be a fraction of what it would have been otherwise.

... but - wtf at "NDS Pokemon Fushigi no dungeon 142k" - day#1 sales were stronger, wasn't it tracking at 250k?

EDIT: I'm expecting FFXIII "Prologue" to be announced next! ;)

Okay, admitted, the absolute hardcore will have picked up a PS3 because of the demo.

The "normal" (or so :p) hardcore fans will just wait until FF XIII is finally here before picking up a PS3 I think. Not every FF-fan is as crazy as the ones who picked it up merely for the demo.

POWA OF TEH CELL!!!!!!

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

@shams

this demo "boost" came but FF9 gave PS1 a boost from 10K to 100K

so you see FF13 ACTUAL wills till give PS3 is HUMUNGOUS BOOST!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

They seriously need a price cut. The fact that a demo can push their hardware sales in Japan, that says a lot

TO GOD BE THE GLORY