By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP - WiiMotion+ is not needed. Only make things harder.

Well they actually say alot more than that in their latest podcast. They are the ONLY people I have ever heard say WM+ is a bad idea and will add nothing to games.

All I can say is wtf and they must not play enough Wii games.

They say the remote is already fine and doesnt need something like this to make it more accurate and its not gonna sell its stupid blah blah blah.  Wii remote is based on simplicity which it already has WM+ is just gonna make things harder.

Ive come to a realization that if you want true Nintendo news and opinions they only way to go is a Nintendo centric site. All podcasts and sites that focus on the whole industry are shit because they know nothing thats going on. Minus IGN becuase they have a Nintendo team. Not a Nintendo portal that never gets updates.

Around the Network

1up has never liked the Wii, so the only surprising thing here is how hard they try.

Is there a full transcription of this podcast?

Edit (2!): rawr, you posted while I was editing.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Oh well its not article. Its a podcast. I can link to podcast but I dont think people will listen to the 2 hour show.........

If anyone else wants it I'll link.

Valkyria00 said:

They say the remote is already fine and doesnt need something like this to make it more accurate and its not gonna sell its stupid blah blah blah.  Wii remote is based on simplicity which it already has WM+ is just gonna make things harder.

Is too hard to move the bloody hand???? Couch Potatoes.....

Valkyria00 said:

Well they actually say alot more than that in their latest podcast. They are the ONLY people I have ever heard say WM+ is a bad idea and will add nothing to games.

All I can say is wtf and they must not play enough Wii games.

Ive come to a realization that if you want true Nintendo news and opinions they only way to go is a Nintendo centric site. All podcasts and sites that focus on the whole industry are shit because they know nothing thats going on. Minus IGN becuase they have a Nintendo team. Not a Nintendo portal that never gets updates.

This is what surprises me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Too bad that the casual gamers at 1up can't handle the challenge of WM+. Lucky for non-gamers like them, most WM+ games will have a noob mode for people who don't want upgraded motion controls.

They sound bitter because EA and Sega didn't invite them to play at a Tiger Woods or Virtua Tennis event.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

What's so hard about moving your bat around to hit a ball, draw shapes to use your wand, swing your sword like you normally would?

It will only make things better and most importantly, make developers take the Wii seriously; Imagine a MH4 with real time swinging, or a Harry Potter where you actually move your wand, or even a boxing title where it can know its punches from its uppercuts.

Not harder, more accurate

It makes developer able to make either more complicate and accurate control/gameplay.I don't know why he said such a thing like that without realize this reason.

Harder or easier ,it up to developer.

It doesn't ONLY make things harder.

It also makes things better! faster! stronger!

Anyway, this seems like a confusing addition to the latest Wii hate week.