By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP - WiiMotion+ is not needed. Only make things harder.

Wii is doomed.

But war... war never changes

Around the Network

I like my wii, but the comment from 1up is the secret fear, which I have since I heard of WM+. However, I hope they are wrong.

On the other side, there are already enough developers, who have no clue how to use normal motion controll ... will it really be better, if the motion controlls improve? Or will it be even become worse, because they are able to programm even weirder motions than they do now?

In a way I think he is write. It is kind of like the gripe people had with Red Steel. If you have 1 one 1 swing. The game will have to adjust to your individual style. (Because every game is programmed to let you win convincingly or at a certain level).

Also each enemy has a certain amount of moves or style. Will the game be ready for "Grandma's Shakey Blazing Slice of the Dragon?"

I guess they also believe that more detailed graphics are not needed because too much details are making the picture too complicated... Because it is the very same thing, except for a different audience. WM+ is not more complicated, actually since it is more accurate, it is more life-like, and it is easier to learn than the previous unrealistic waggling, that was only a new form of "pressing the button".

CHYUII said:
In a way I think he is write. It is kind of like the gripe people had with Red Steel. If you have 1 one 1 swing. The game will have to adjust to your individual style. (Because every game is programmed to let you win convincingly or at a certain level).

Also each enemy has a certain amount of moves or style. Will the game be ready for "Grandma's Shakey Blazing Slice of the Dragon?"

Maybe some of the AI will be programmed to learn some of the crazy moves the player makes :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
scottie said:
It doesn't ONLY make things harder.

It also makes things better! faster! stronger!

Anyway, this seems like a confusing addition to the latest Wii hate week.

Don't worry, in case no one else got it, I caught your Daft Punk reference...if that was in fact what it was. I wouldn't worry about 1up. I liked their magazine EGM as I was a long time reader and subscriber but a lot of them had a clear bias against the Wii. They're just bitter they could no longer afford to run their mag.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Roma said:
CHYUII said:

Maybe some of the AI will be programmed to learn some of the crazy moves the player makes :P

I agree with you. It's just that it is harder. When the Wii was first released it was hard on developers. It takes a lot of Geometry to figure out what each movement means. They have better middleware now that allows that stuff to be calculated. (The Wii had problem beine able to calculate the movement and speed of Tall People and Short people. Like Shaq and Mini Me.) I am all for it but it will be more difficult.

coasterlove said:
scottie said:
It doesn't ONLY make things harder.

It also makes things better! faster! stronger!

Anyway, this seems like a confusing addition to the latest Wii hate week.

Don't worry, in case no one else got it, I caught your Daft Punk reference...if that was in fact what it was. I wouldn't worry about 1up. I liked their magazine EGM as I was a long time reader and subscriber but a lot of them had a clear bias against the Wii. They're just bitter they could no longer afford to run their mag.

Daft Punk? That's Kanye West!

Just kidding I almost got killed the last time I made that joke.

@scottie nice Daft Punk reference!

OT:

I think people are not realizing the potential extent of their comment.

Remember how people criticized the Wiimote when it was introduced and still do? How buttons are better than motions, how it is a fad, etc. etc.?

What if 1-up is doing the same thing....only against the WM+ ? What if they have FINALLY accepted the Wiimote as a legitimate and grand way of playing video games and it is for this reason they are against the WM + add-on?

This is, of course, me being optimistic...

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

In this case, "making things harder" means that it exposes how much you REALLY suck at something. Like, you add it to a golf game, and if you are prone to hooks or slice in real life, the Golf game will also expose the same problems you have. So, your sucking is shown through in a game. A valid point here is if you play to fake like you are great, then of course this makes it less fun.