By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why the 360 will ultimately succumb to the ps3...

The ps3 at $399.99 will end the battle I do think that, sorry I do.

mM
Around the Network
rocketpig said:
leo-j said:
The ps3 is $559.99 in japan ofcourse its not going to be selling well.

Nope. The PS3 is roughly $430 in Japan and the Japanese still don't care about it.

Why people always just use exchange rates, I don't know.  If you factor in GDP per capita, it actually comes to be about 1 cent per yen in terms of price "feel."  Right now, and for a long time, the dollar is stronger to the yen.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

leo-j said:
NeoRatt said:
leo-j said:
@neo ratt

You tried me so here it goes:

Infamous,Tekken6,Yakuza 3,MGS4,FFXIII,FFVXIII,Killzone 2, Socom, Little big planet, L.A Noire,AFRIKA,Monster hunter 3,Eight days,Jak and daxter,Red wood falls, Heavey rain,Loco roco,Motorstorm 2,,The agency,White knight story,EYE dentify,EYE create,Ember,Drangoballz(working title), Naruto(working title) etc..

Saints row 2 is confirmed for the ps3 as well, there are more just that they havent been announced yet.

The point I was making was that Microsoft has a lot of exclusive content coming as well.  Really, it doesn't matter how much exclusives are coming out because both companies are doing well at it...  And to be frank, if a company does not make enough money on an exclusive they simply, port and release on the other platform as well...

The original post seemed to question if Microsoft had anything worth talking about next year...  And they do...  So, I listed some of it that can be construed based on screenshots, demos, trailers, etc.

As for Saints Row 2... I thought that PS3 development was cancelled, but upon further research I was wrong, it was only Saints Row development that was cancelled...  Thanks for the correction.

No sorry dont lie in this thread, you stated that the 360 was the winner for 2008 in exclusives and I proved you wrong.
Yeah, I'm sure everyone is waiting for "red wood falls", or "heavey rain". Get those "working title" games off the list since its way to easy to play that bullshit game.

Not to mention LA noir has been delayed till 2009.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

friedtofu said:
Seems like alot of these posts would have you believe that MS would sit on their ass and twidle their thumbs while Sony executes offensive manuevers like cranking out new exclusives or dropping hardware prices.

"We dont need to do a thing! Lets just ride on the success of Gears and Halo3 till the end of this console war!" NOT.

The Microsoft entity knows how to roll with the punches too you know. And Im sure there is stuff in 2008 and 2009 we dont even know about yet from ALL camps.

@Leo-j : A 399$ PS3 would end this battle you think? And if the Xbox with hdmi +HD drops to 299? Then what?

How can you be sure the MS has the means to push out that many titles? Sony employs a breadth of developers working on titles in all genres. SCEA Santa Monica? Naughty Dog? Team Ico? Polphony Digital? MS, not so much. If they could just make games at will, they would have done so last generation. Sure they bought Rare and formed Mystwalker, but that's still little in comparison to Sony and Nintendo.

Hell, even Nintendo, the best firsty party dev of them all, got bested by the ps1.

Seems like alot of these posts would have you believe that MS has the developing power of Nintendo and Sony. ;)

dam seems like a flame war is going on...like i said in the other thread i dont think its ring the alarm time for the ps3... this holiday season they need to focus on outselling the ps2 rather than the 360....

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network
leo-j said:
The ps3 at $399.99 will end the battle I do think that, sorry I do.

Sorry, 399.99 is the price systems should launch at, and is not mainstream in any way.

Remember when people (aka some sony/nintendo fans) bitched about the 360 costing $400, and yet now thats considered to be the war winning price.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

@sieaner

Im not going to argue and fall for your bait.

mM
leo-j said:
@sieaner

Im not going to argue and fall for your bait.

How is what I posted any more bait than what you posted?

Thinking that 400 will save the PS3 is just naive, IMHO

PS3 will win cause the difference in Japan will only grow and the difference in US is likely to get smaller when the bigger PS3 games come out next year. In Europe, PS3 is more likely to win agaisnt the 360 as well.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
PS3 will win cause the difference in Japan will only grow and the difference in US is likely to get smaller when the bigger PS3 games come out next year. In Europe, PS3 is more likely to win agaisnt the 360 as well.

Unless ps3 takes europe, i dont see it passing

360 will hold europe and ps3 will hold Japan.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.