By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has really abandoned their best selling IPs.

Nintendo will release ALL THEIR IPS this gen...just let work

Around the Network

Nintendo's best selling IPs are Mario, Pokemon, and the Wii series. We already have New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy, Pokemon Platinum just came out, and Wii Sports Resort is just around the corner. Hell, we're getting the first Punch-Out!! game since 1994.  And Kid Icarus hasn't had a game since 1991.  If both Punch-Out!! and Kid Icarus get brought back from the dead in the same generation, I will be very very very happy with Nintendo. Then I'll beg them to bring back Pilotwings.

"I am sick and tired of these motherfucking wii complainers on this motherfucking internet. Everybody strap in. I'm about to open some fucking heads."

Sorry was watching Snakes on a Plane. Epic line.

Franchise - Wii year - GC year
Mario - 1 - 1
Zelda - 1 - 2
Smash - 2 - 1
Metroid - 1 - 1
Mario Kart - 2 - 2
Donkey - 1 - 3
Mario RPG - 1 - 3
Star Fox - ? - 1
F-Zero - ? - 2
Punch Out - 3 - ?
Pikmin - 3 - 1
Animal C - 2 - 1
Mario Party - 1 - 1

Abandoned their core franchise? Seems like they've covered them so far just as with GC with many years left to go.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Zucas said:
"I am sick and tired of these motherfucking wii complainers on this motherfucking internet. Everybody strap in. I'm about to open some fucking heads."

Sorry was watching Snakes on a Plane. Epic line.

LoL!

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
Snake612 said:

When I was growing up, I loved Nintendo and the games the made and I still support Nintendo tell the day I die. They really concentrated on their best IPs. For example, despite the N64 not being the #1 console, it still had a lot of good IPs. There was Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Hey you Pikachu,Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, StarFox 64 and other classic titles. It seems like over the years they have not only abandon their best IPs but some their best titles overall. Its hard to believe that we may not see a Kirby Wii game or a Donkey Kong Wii or a Starfox Wii or a Kid Icarus game this gen. I mean what's going on?

Why have Nintendo abandoned their best selling games?

Why Nintendo? Why?

We may well see a Kirby Wii, and there are llready 3 Kirby games on the DS

And anyway, if you think Kirby, Starfox, Donkey Kong platformers and Kid ICarus are 'Nintendo's biggest Franchises' then you need to do more browsing on VGChartz

Nintendo's 3 big franchises are Mario, Pokemon and Wii ________

After that would probably be Zelda, Animal Crossing and Smash Bros

Donkey Kong might be their next biggest, I'm not sure. Regardless, we have a Donkey Kong racer on the Wii and a platformer on the DS

It is a shame we aren't getting Lylat Wars/Starfox for the Wii. But its been going downhill ever since the first.

Kid Icarus hasn't seen a release since 1991 as Rhubang said, if we do get it, it's a bonus

because party games are cheaper and sell almost as well. I'm sure they'd rather make 3 new Wii series games then 1 full Mario game

Dr.KennethNoisewater said:
because party games are cheaper and sell almost as well. I'm sure they'd rather make 3 new Wii series games then 1 full Mario game

If you'll note my previous post, you will see that Nintendo has released just as many core franchise IP's on Wii since launch as they had during the GC era in the same time frame.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Mario, Zelda, Mart Kart and Super Smash Brothers were their best selling IPs up until the Wii, right? My god!!! You are right!!! None of those have been released.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Damn looks like I was too late... Everyone already stated the obvious. Seriously though Kid Icarus?? It was on NES and GB not even close to N64 era. It has a cult following but that is about it. You didn't even list F-Zero (which we all know is going to eventually come out)............................................