By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you intend to buy Punch-Out!!?

theRepublic said:
nordlead said:
probably yes, and I'll probably pre-order it from the vgchartz store (also known as amazon) as I'll probably get free shipping and $5 off my order while helping the website out at the same time.

How do you get $5 off your order?

they typically offer games 3-5 under normal retail price if you pre-order through them. Right now punch-out!! is $3 off. It isn't anything special from amazon, just special compared to other stores. Granted Target is giving away a $5 gift card with every pre-order of punch-out!! too. I just prefer amazon because it helps out this website even if it is only $2 at a time.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
yea Mike is a bad mann

Nintendo likes to keep thier squeaky clean image...

ppfftt....typical ninty

Did you know that Birdo is a guy who thinks he is a girl and is generally confused about his sexuality. He also wears a ribbon and big diamond ring? Yoshi is now in love with Birdo, so that makes them homosexual, and they are in most major Mario games like Mario Tennis, Kart, and other games.

The whole Nintendo keeping their squeaky clean image is just from people who are misinformed and don't know much about the company. Obviously you don't know much about the company

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
theRepublic said:
nordlead said:
probably yes, and I'll probably pre-order it from the vgchartz store (also known as amazon) as I'll probably get free shipping and $5 off my order while helping the website out at the same time.

How do you get $5 off your order?

they typically offer games 3-5 under normal retail price if you pre-order through them. Right now punch-out!! is $3 off. It isn't anything special from amazon, just special compared to other stores. Granted Target is giving away a $5 gift card with every pre-order of punch-out!! too. I just prefer amazon because it helps out this website even if it is only $2 at a time.

Thanks. 

I should have known that's what you were talking about.  Most fully priced Wii games are $3 off retail price.  The way you said it, I thought you had some special deal or something.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I am honestly telling if I had the Wii,I would buy this game first day! I enjoyed playing the original version with Mike Tyson on the computer. It was great and so will this game be when its released.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Eventually yes.

Around the Network

Secret Punch-Out!! mode revealed

Monday, April 20, 2009

Well we know Nintendo wanted to keep this a secret for awhile longer but ToysRus just wasn’t having any. On their website they dropped the ball on what the secret mode is after completing the game, and for every fan of Punch-Out!! out there, it fixes a huge problem.

After completing the single player campaign you unlock Title Defense Mode, which doesn’t seem like it would be that great of a mode until you realize that now when you fight your opponents who challenge you for the title, they have completely changed. In this mode the boxers who you have defeated now have learned from their mistakes and are completely different boxers to fight.

This is probably the best mode or feature rather announced for the game so far because it fixes a huge problem with huge fans of the franchise. People have been talking on the internet how this is the same game with better graphics with the boxers weaknesses not changing from the original iterations. Well, your complaints have been answered with this mode and we couldn’t be happier either seeing as how basically, the real game starts once you earn the top title.

There was talk about this game having disc space issues and at first we were a little optimistic about how that could be, but not anymore as Next Level Games has really poured everything but the kitchen sink into this one.

Look for more Punch-Out!! related material later this week and for all the info you need on the title please visit our Punch-Out!! Launch Center.

Source

Article first found by Samus Aran.  Here is the thread dedicated to the news.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

TWRoO said:
theRepublic said:
TWRoO said:
No I don't, it doesn't really interest me.

It would have done if it were proper motion sensing boxing like Wii boxing is, and had online.... but with neither it is not on my wishlist.

This game does have motion control.  Or is there something that I am missing?

"Motion Control (Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers) Punch-Out!! uses the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers to simulate throwing punches. Use the Nunchuk to throw a left punch and the Wii Remote to throw a right punch."

Yes but it is just pure "waggle".

In Wii boxing you can aim your shots (once you get good at it)... in this your movements are exactly the same as pressing a button.... then you can make different punches by holding buttons and such, but that never interested me otherwise I would have bought other boxing games.

I'm pretty sure you can unplug the nunchuck and use the wiimote without using motion control or use classic controller which is how I'd play the game, old school ftw.

Will buy its being so long since we got a Punchout unlike you hardlycore I'll support this return with open arms.

Punch-Out!! has been removed from the "Intend to Buy" section of the Nintendo Club.

It will be available in stores on May 18th in North America.

Now Playing

Yeah, I will definitely get Punch Out. Not sure if I will get it on release day, though, because UFC 2009 comes out the next day so I likely wouldn't play it much at first anyway.