By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Advantages of the 360

Nothing is perfect, I thought I would start a thread listing only the 360's advantages as counter arguments for the disadvantages thread (I'll play the devil's advocate for a change).

I'll start:

1) Cheapest console gaming entry pricing. (Cheaper than a Wii)

2) Great exclusives not found on any other console. (Kameo, Gears, Halo, Mass Effect, etc)

3) Very extensive community features for communication with friends.

4) Great console to fit within a home with many other Microsoft products.

5) Has USB port at the back of the console.

6) XNA, easy to use community development.

7) Very often better versions of multi-platform games, especially older ones.

8) Now more cheaply priced games available than for the PS3.

9) Lots of headset users.

10) Controller more comfortable for many people with big hands.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

11) Many games so far hitting the console first, including even many Japanese targeted games.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I wouldn't really list Kameo as one of the top exclusives, probably PGR 4, that was a good game

Munkeh111 said:
I wouldn't really list Kameo as one of the top exclusives, probably PGR 4, that was a good game

OK, but I liked the game a lot. At least I think it's much better than that Banjoo game.

But OK, Fable 2 would probably be a better candidate, I haven't played that one.

PS3 vs 360 sales

12) Nice downloadable game lineup - Castle Crashers, Rez HD, Extend Every Extra, Braid, Worms, etc

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

13. Netflix is great for watching movies and TV shows instantly.

14) Downloading and installing online games not being seperate.

PS3 vs 360 sales

15. Microsoft is F'n rich so we get exclusive DLC and games.

16. Every few months you get your console fixed/replaced for free.

J/K. I'll probably pick one up at the next price drop so I can play Gears 1 & 2 as well as Mass Effect. Maybe Halo.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Hahaha at no 4. What other MS products? All i have is Windows? What else is there? Other than that nice list.