By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin’s Creed 2 in 2009 - Super Sequel Or Flop Of The Year?

MontanaHatchet said:
I loved the first game. The repetition was actually not that bad for me, and I seriously doubt Ubisoft is worried about their somewhat average reviews for Assassin's Creed when the game sold 8 million copies (not counting PC release). That said, I look forward to the sequel and I'm glad to hear that it's coming this year. A definite purchase for me.

This. I actually just replayed Assassin's Creed. I still really enjoy it; despite the "repetitive" missions, it never gets old for me. When I'm doing the missions, I actually pay attention to the information I'm given; maybe that's why it keeps me interested.

Anyway, I'm definitely excited for Assassin's Creed 2. Bring it on, Ubisoft!

Around the Network

I read the Game Informer article last night, and I am super psyched for AC2. Sounds like the fixed everything that people complained about, and its set in a great locale/with great characters

Dgc1808 said:
Super Sequal.

Loved the first game, just wish it was more replayable.

Huh ? More replayable ? It was pratically the same all over again...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Jade Raymond FTW

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Musouka said:
Jade Raymond FTW

Yeah, really. I wonder how many million of Assassin's Creed's sales were thanks to her.

Around the Network

I think the OP is 100% right, or 100% wrong.

If AC2 is as repetitive as AC it'll bomb. If not, huge success. It's life hangs in the hands of initial reviews. But I expect AC2 will be much more fleshed out since the engine is already built, they can focus on gameplay.

It'll be a repetitive mess like every single Ubisoft game this gen. Once they get a formula down, you'll repeat it over and over and over again.

this cant be a flop. At least half of the people who go the first are going to get it no matter the reviews thats at least 5 mil. not a flop

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

i think it will be SUPER SEQUEL it looks AWESOME!! way better than the first IMO

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

The first sold 7.83 on 360/PS3 combined. Even if it sold half it would still be a hit