By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The "let's bash the wii" weekend

DaveD said:
Blacksaber said:
So Winter was the PS3's time Spring is the Wii's, so summer will be the 360's....

whats fall?

Handheld consoles I guess?

Around the Network

Gaming sites are hardly seeing a penny from Nintendo this generation yet Nintendo's advertising/marketing budgets are probably higher than ever.

This is what Nintendo gets for not playing the game.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

they don't have to play the game, they are raping the competition either way, and I'm pretty sure they just write things like that to keep their jobs because that's what they have to do as news reporter types.

I'm a bit amazed that Anti-Wii Week 2008 is almost exactly around the same time it happened last year too. And always spurred on by NPD numbers.

I was going to chronicle AWW 07 right after it happened. I wish I did now.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Hating the Wii is like hating chocolate, most people are going to dissagree with you so really you're just digging yourself a hole.

Around the Network

The funniest thing about it is that despite all the "march down 17% Nintendo is in trouble" (Analysts disregard Brawl apparently) But anyway Wii still did over 600k in a non holiday month. This is a feat the PS2 could only do once or twice and was spurred on after a price cut. The other thing that is funny is that Wii still outsold BOTH competitors combined despite big games like RE5 are released, yet the Wii is the system that is in trouble. That's awesome.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
The funniest thing about it is that despite all the "march down 17% Nintendo is in trouble" (Analysts disregard Brawl apparently) But anyway Wii still did over 600k in a non holiday month. This is a feat the PS2 could only do once or twice and was spurred on after a price cut. The other thing that is funny is that Wii still outsold BOTH competitors combined despite big games like RE5 are released, yet the Wii is the system that is in trouble. That's awesome.

Don't you try to bring logic into this!

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Arius Dion said:

LoL. Yeah, how foolish of me...Damn I'll probably be banned now.

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Arius Dion said:

Yeah damn you damn you all to hell!!!!!!111!!

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Arius Dion said:

Yeah damn you damn you all to hell!!!!!!111!!