By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The "let's bash the wii" weekend

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Wow, GameDaily said that the Wii is too expensive and that Wii Fit is for idiots. They're not even trying.

GameDaily is invalid as a trustworthy website.

For Pete's sake, they said the 360 was the greatest console of all-time, and had the best controller. That wipes their credibility right off the radar.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Wow, GameDaily said that the Wii is too expensive and that Wii Fit is for idiots. They're not even trying.

For Pete's sake, they said the 360 was the greatest console of all-time, and had the best controller. That wipes their credibility right off the radar.

Thats there opinion. Maybe not yourss

rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:

Thats there opinion. Maybe not yours

They could at least wait until the generation is over. Even if it is their opinion, how does that reflect upon their news coverage and game reviews after that point? If you are a website of universal coverage, announcing the 360 as the best system of all-time makes every thing you do after that get called into question, at least from me.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:

They could at least wait until the generation is over. Even if it is their opinion, how does that reflect upon their news coverage and game reviews after that point? If you are a website of universal coverage, announcing the 360 as the best system of all-time makes every thing you do after that get called into question, at least from me.

When they say of all time i beleive that means up to date. There will be something better next gen

Gamespot put up two articles about Madworld and GTA: Chinatown wars after the numbers came out as well. It's fanboy pile on time. I guess they figure if they have a chance of getting people to buy an xbox360 instead of the Wii, now is the time they'll all unite to try and make that happen.

Fuck'em.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network
rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:
rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:

When they say of all time i beleive that means up to date. There will be something better next gen

Still, it isn't really an excuse. There was a list that GameDaily posted. It had 15 entries (not sure of the exact number) but it beat out the PS2, SNES, DS, everything.

SaviorX said:
rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:
rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:

Still, it isn't really an excuse. There was a list that GameDaily posted. It had 15 entries (not sure of the exact number) but it beat out the PS2, SNES, DS, everything.

Any review on anything is just someones opinion, you maybe agree or disagree its up to you. Im not stick up for gamedaily im just saying you shouldn;t bash a website on a somethign they said that you don;t agree with as long as they can explain why they review something a certain way.  I mean they say the wii sucks, but atleast they expained why.

Shanobi said:
Gamespot put up two articles about Madworld and GTA: Chinatown wars after the numbers came out as well. It's fanboy pile on time. I guess they figure if they have a chance of getting people to buy an xbox360 instead of the Wii, now is the time they'll all unite to try and make that happen.

Fuck'em.

Well this is the generation of "duel console owners" according to GT. Problem is when they only buy games for one of them.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Holy hell, since when was Wii hate this bad? Jeez, and i thought the PS3 hate was bad back in winter 08.

But this... i may not like the wii my self, but theres no excuse for this back-to-back BS trashtalk.

rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:
rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:
rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:

Any review on anything is just someones opinion, you maybe agree or disagree its up to you. Im not stick up for gamedaily im just saying you shouldn;t bash a website on a somethign they said that you don;t agree with as long as they can explain why they review something a certain way.  I mean they say the wii sucks, but atleast they expained why.

........We can agree to disaggree, but when posting articles like the one in the OP, there is a reason their publications should be seen with increased skepticism.