By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Ericsson Reports Carnage in Q1

Naum said:
I always buy a Sony Ericsson phone when I need to uppgrade, then again it may be beacuse I'm Swedish

I'm a Sony Ericsson only as well, but I'm not swedish

Around the Network

I think you'll find the entire mobile industry 'suffering' - for similar reasons that the car industry is suffering.

The difference, is Apple - the iPhone has made a huge in the market, and its had a huge impact on other sales.

A couple of days ago, Nokia announced their qrtly results: profits were down 90% (from approx $1.4bn to 140m). At least they are still making a profit :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

My theory is SONY shot themselves in the foot.

The Xerpia had average reviews at best and an awful price tag( above $600+).

SE barely have any other touchphones on the market, nothing to rival the nokia iphone lookalike or compete with samsung/LG's numerous offerings.

All the mid end- low end phones are saddled with antiquated 2MP-3.2MP cameras.

Couple that with expensive proprietory memory( Memory stick M2), lack of models with huge touch screens, recession and increasing rivalry from south korean brands you got a good recipe for disaster..

Im just wondering how this will affect the other divisions of SONY corp. That PS3 price cut seems to be getting further and further away.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business