By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Christian Bale as Solid Snake ????

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-67033.aspx

That be cool!!! 

Around the Network

He might have to work on his accent, but he is not a bad choice by any means.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Christian Bale rocks...not sure if he's the absolute best choice based off his style or looks, but close enough and good enough actor that I'd be cool with that.

Hmm...

Yeah I guess that works.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

He's an incredibly talented and dedicated actor, and in a way I'm surprised he would be interested in a MGS movie. I just can't see it being very good. Seems more the sort of job that would go to someone with a lower profile.

Shambolic said:
He's an incredibly talented and dedicated actor, and in a way I'm surprised he would be interested in a MGS movie. I just can't see it being very good. Seems more the sort of job that would go to someone with a lower profile.

It depends on the director.  Batman works because Chritopher Nolan is directing.  Does anyone know who is directing this film?

Around the Network

If it begins with a U and ends with a we Boll, I'm going on a murderous rampage...

But I know that won't happen. It could be cool, I wonder how far it would stray from the game story though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It depends on a lot more than the director, there's the producers, script writers, DP, supporting actors etc.

Personally I can see the movie version being not very good because the best element in the games was the gameplay. The stories became frankly quite silly and the dialogue was often rather poor. But maybe they will pull something good out of the hat and a video game will have a halfway decent film.

I imagine Hideo Kojima will have quite a strong hand in making the film, he probably shouldn't direct it though.

Bale is a talented and dedicated actor (look what he did for The Machineist [SP//]0. If he is playing Solid Snake (aka dave) I am sure he will be amazing. I can only hope this is true.

The Machinist is probably one of the only Bale movies I haven't seen. I don't know why, I just never get around to it, and all my friends have seen it...I shall watch it this week!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

BenKenobi88 said:
The Machinist is probably one of the only Bale movies I haven't seen. I don't know why, I just never get around to it, and all my friends have seen it...I shall watch it this week!

It is not a great movie, but it is good.  It's worth a watch if nothing more than to see what he will do to get into a role.  Lost some serious weight to make it.  You can see the ill effects of that in Batman, when they do close ups on his eyes.