By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Are You An Achievement Junkie?

Sardauk said:
reask said:
Sardauk said:

Yep, I didn't pay attention to it at first then now I can't play without it !

IMO it is a good way to orient/optimize the way you are play.

Thats a fair point alright, altough I tend to google achievements as I would never find half of them if I didnt.

... http://www.xbox360achievements.org/ lol

Nice one thanks I bookmarked for future reference.

Around the Network

I have become an achievement junkie because it's kind of like a little side game you have going on with your friends. My brother and my friends aren't always on at the same time as I am to play games together, or sometimes we would just rather play single player games, but we ALWAYS ride each other about Gamerscores. For example, my brother's primary purpose right now is to pass my score up because he has had his 360 for about a year less than I have. That would be major bragging rights for him.

I'm usually pretty satisfied if I can get between 500 and 600 points on a title. I think my highest score on one game is 775 on Tomb Raider: Underworld, but that's counting finishing both DLC add ons, so maybe that's not a good example.

if trying to put that garden gnome in the space ship on half life episode 2 is anything to go by, then yes i do chase them.

(i lost the gnome half way through the game)

ToastyJaguar said:
if trying to put that garden gnome in the space ship on half life episode 2 is anything to go by, then yes i do chase them.

(i lost the gnome half way through the game)

That is the most difficult and funny achievement I have ever seen ( I gave up after 2 hours btw...).

http://www.pentadact.com/index.php/2007-10-15-gnome-quest

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I like the achievements, and I guess lately I have become more of a junkie about it than I when I first got my 360. I just dig the fact that you get a posted score for your accomplishments that everyone can see. It's cool.

Around the Network

Thats the great thing about achievements, in the past when someone said they had completed a game on the hardest setting you had to take their word for it.

Now they can finally prove it, or be named and shamed lol.