By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - sony laptop

i just  have gotten a sony laptop, it's my birthday gift from my parents , i like it so much. but i don't konw how to keep it new, i'm afraid it will broken after i use it for several month, anyone who can tell me how to keep it for a long time using?

Around the Network

Don't drop it, don't throw it, and don't get food or drinks on it.

Don't let people use it if you aren't there, especially if they don't know how to properly use laptops.

Get virus protection.....

And I think you'll be good.

Do sony laptops use Windows?

And... why the hell have you linked us to Ugg Boots? lol

What the hell? What was wrong with the guy?

I didn't see any links in his OP, did he edit something?

I am on a Sony Vaio now and i have had no problems with it at all...

If anything it is Windows Vista that is the issue, it is the biggest pile of shit i have ever had the misfortune to use!!

Around the Network

Its funny someone should bring this up; the one I am writing on right now (vgn-360e), in 9 months, has a broken sound card, doesn't recognize dvd's, and the battery life is about 25 mins. As soon as the box gets here it is going in to be fixed. Just be sure to keep your original receipts or have access to a receipt, because without proof of purchase to show you're within the 1 year full warranty you have to pay a minimum 179.99 for small repairs or max 679.99 for large repairs. Which I couln't believe because I only paid 700.00 for the damn thing! In addition, without a receipt if you send it in and don't want any repairs it'll cost you min 99.99 just to have it looked at. This is my second vaio laptop and the next laptop I buy will be an apple. Also, be sure to have a receipt with the vendor name on it or else no dice. Oh, and get ready for a 45min-1hour customer service adventure...

Vaio's are nice but come with some of the most bloatware I've ever seen.

I've had quite a few laptops in my time. I'm currently on a Dell and thankfully they have improved their factory installs quite a bit. It came with Google Desktop on it and that's about it.  I was actually looking a the SR model at the time but got such a good deal on the machine I have now I couldn't pass it up.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection