By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 5GO ffXIII demo !!

How much space those 3 trailers can take. Let's say 1.5 gigs at most.

If it will be on 4 DVD for 360 thare will be a lot of compressed materials, especially music and videos. And maybe even textures.

Around the Network
selnor said:

Yes Tales Of Vesperia is taking to bloody long to arrive here. :(

I thought Kaims character was fine. However Tolten sucked arse. Jansen though has to be the best character in any Jrpg. His scripting was nigh on perfect.

Also With that said about FF, I will be buying FF13 day one. Why? Because I will not know how much I like it until I play through it. Thatrs unfortunately the reality of Jrpg's. One cannot judge until one has played it themselves. :)

Jansen was really funny, I liked his character a lot. I agree with you on Tolten as well.

I must say once again I agree with you, on not being able to judge a JRPG until one has played it themselves.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Phrancheyez said:
either the 360 version comes on like 20 discs, or they're losing quality through compression somewhere..neither sounds logical as they would hardly make any money off the game if it came with 20 discs, and they've spent as long as they have - in my theory - to make sure there isn't any major loss of quality for 360. We'll just have to wait and see. I don't think the 100gb comment is true..a 100gb game will never come to 360 - it's just not logical.

How large do you see this game being?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

1BR

4-6 DVD's.

4 ≈ One

Phrancheyez said:
either the 360 version comes on like 20 discs, or they're losing quality through compression somewhere..neither sounds logical as they would hardly make any money off the game if it came with 20 discs, and they've spent as long as they have - in my theory - to make sure there isn't any major loss of quality for 360. We'll just have to wait and see. I don't think the 100gb comment is true..a 100gb game will never come to 360 - it's just not logical.

Thats why MS is leaning more towards digital distribution and everything download.  Buy the game on a 8gb DL DVD disc, and download the rest of the 92gb on XBL = all non-elite 360owners to upgrade HDD & exceed bandwidth cap limit loll *jokingg

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Phrancheyez said:

I'd be shock if it was anything less than 50gb.  Or am i expecting too much out of SE?

If there will be open world like FF 12, it requires same content on every DVD. And depend on that content it could be quite a large amount. So, on BD that have 4 gigs, for example, that must be on every DVD. All other space is different content. Do some math and you'll see that it will be on much more DVD's then 4-5. ;)

V-r0cK said:
Euphoria14 said:
Phrancheyez said:

I'd be shock if it was anything less than 50gb.  Or am i expecting too much out of SE?

That is what I am expected as well.

Currently playing:

Putin said:
If there will be open world like FF 12, it requires same content on every DVD. And depend on that content it could be quite a large amount. So, on BD that have 4 gigs, for example, that must be on every DVD. All other space is different content. Do some math and you'll see that it will be on much more DVD's then 4-5. ;)

Whatever they do I just hope it doesn't have SO4 syndrome, where everytime you go to a different planet you need to swap discs.

Currently playing:

lol. They might do that, or where they get that space. Anyway, why not play general PS3 version and not some port? :/