By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Key Property" from Nintendo this Christmas?

trestres said:
I also agree it's too early to be releasing Wii Fit+.

The original game is the best selling game this year so far. At least they should wait until the game starts slowing down, but hey, they also released Big Brain Academy and Brain Age and the sequel close to each other on the DS.

That's very true. If they release it as something that compliments Wii Fit rather than an outright sequel, they could keep both titles selling consistently much like with Brain Training and More Brain Training. Wii Fit+ or whatever the name would be, could be a real possibility then.

Around the Network

Wave Race with jet ski??

Wave Race with M+ and Balance board capability would be pretty awesome, actually...

Other than shelf space, I think they meant in-store display space and the like. Although Zelda isn't likely, what better way to revamp the franchise and reach a wider audience than releasing new console and handheld versions at the same time with plenty of promotion? And Zelda isn't a massive FF or DQ style deal in Japan, it has been successful over there-TP was a disappointment by Miyamoto's own admission. I expect they'll want Zelda to be big across all territories, and they'll find a way to do it and maximise profit on the game. Ahem. Just keeping hope for Zelda this year alive =P I expect it in 2010, but hope for it this year.

Wave Race would work well as a 'bridge' title that would satisfy the core and bring in more casual gamers, I think. Is that a key property for Nintendo? Would it warrant more shelf space? Perhaps Nintendo aren't being honest with their vague instructions and want shelf space for more than one key property?

"I really don't see it being an upgrade or a sequel to Wii Fit. There's a reason NSMB2 hasn't shown up yet - The original is still selling so well. And Wii Fit is selling even better. Can't imagine Nintendo trying to handicap the sales of it's own titles like that."

I'm sure there is some logic in wanting to keep the balance board factory humming. It's simple, Wii Fit Plus is a multiplayer game. Therefor Nintendo figures they can get a certain number of Wii Fit owners (probably 20-40%) to buy a second balance board.

There's still two unused bluetooth channels available on the Wii so there you go.

It could be Kingdom Hearts III.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Wave Race won't be coming out this generation.. Nintendo have stated they want Wii Sports Resort: Jet Ski to be as robust as a Wave Race game and that supports WM+ so there's 1/10th of Wii Sports Resort plus you get that WM+ for free. As you can tell.. It's gonna be HUGE!

Also I can see your points with Zelda but I strongly doubt they'd release two Zelda's at the same time.. I mean I don't even think they've had enough time to work on the game.. Miyamoto said at E3 2008 that they were looking for big ideas.. That was 9 months ago? If it really does come out this year.. I'd be SO FREAKING HAPPY! but it won't..

It'll be Pikmin 3, Wii Fit Plus or another downstream game and an upstream game of some sort.. Red Steel 2 will be pushed heavily by Nintendo if they don't have one :P

Around the Network
BTFeather55 said:
It could be Kingdom Hearts III.

Not unless SquareEnix grants Nintendo the rights to publish it.   Retail shelf space allocation is a publisher issue.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

puffy said:
Wave Race won't be coming out this generation.. Nintendo have stated they want Wii Sports Resort: Jet Ski to be as robust as a Wave Race game and that supports WM+ so there's 1/10th of Wii Sports Resort plus you get that WM+ for free. As you can tell.. It's gonna be HUGE!

Also I can see your points with Zelda but I strongly doubt they'd release two Zelda's at the same time.. I mean I don't even think they've had enough time to work on the game.. Miyamoto said at E3 2008 that they were looking for big ideas.. That was 9 months ago? If it really does come out this year.. I'd be SO FREAKING HAPPY! but it won't..

It'll be Pikmin 3, Wii Fit Plus or another downstream game and an upstream game of some sort.. Red Steel 2 will be pushed heavily by Nintendo if they don't have one :P

Around the time the Wii was released it was said by Nintendo that they allready started working on a Zelda Wii.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

puffy said:
TWRoO said:
puffy said:
vaio said:
TWRoO said:
vaio said:
I´ve said it before and I say it again I´ve thought for a long time now that we are going to see Zelda Wii this christmas, it´s their Ace up their sleeve for this year.

I doubt it.... they may be waiting till the last 3 months before announcing most titles but Zelda will get mention at least 6 months in advance.

If there is nothing about it at E3, then it won't be this year. I think it will be a 2010 title.

We´ll see i´v hought so and said so since early last year and even if you are right that they planned it for 2010 I think htat the situation in Japan has made the change it to this christmas. To make it clear my thoughts have always been they planned it for this christmas and not later.

Zelda isn't huge in Japan.. So I doubt it

God damnit Puffy... I was going to say the exact same thing, stop posting faster than me.

Lol :P sorry TWRoO

I never said it was big but it would with no doubt help Wii sales gain a little momentum over there too.

Any way that has been my belief and I still think it´s going to happen but there is a while untill we reach that timeperiod.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I wasn't aware they'd said those things about Wave Race...You'd think Wave Race Wii, with Mii support like Kart would be a good idea after Sports Resort. Perhaps next year or the year after? Sports Resort would build familiarity with the idea, and Wave Race Wii would exploit it to the full. They stuck Boxing into Wii Sports, and are soon releasing the first Punch-Out!! since the SNES, so Wave Race may make an appearance, but perhaps not this year as a big title. It'd be a good summer title, I think.

And as Vaio pointed out, Zelda Wii has been in development for some time. Miyamoto stated in early 2007 that TP would be the last Zelda in its "current form" (I think that was the phrase) and he was working on a new Wii Zelda. If it makes it out this year, it will have had a minimum of 2 1/2 years development time, and possibly upwards of 3 years. TP would have been finished in August-October of 2006, so a Nov/Dec 09 release would mean a 3 year development cycle. That length of time fits in with what Nintendo have stated as a likely length of time for big core titles to spend in development-they say 2-3 years, I think?
Plus Miyamoto may have begun development on the ideas being used in Zelda Wii some time ago, recent interviews revealed he never makes design documents but just focuses on ideas and constantly has them being made into games with basic elements, before applying that to franchises and bigger games.

But this is all guestimation at best, sadly. Like I've said elsewhere, I think 2010 is a more likely date for Zelda Wii because it is a revamp of the franchise, which I think will make Miyamoto take longer with development. I'll still hope for this year. Any other possibilities besides Zelda and Wii Fit Plus? They'd make a good combination, actually...

Wii Fit+ would be perfect, I think. I believe Nintendo made a bit of a mistake not to release the Wii Sports sequel sooner (specially in Japan). I mean, the Wii Sports craze died out already, and thus some momentum was lost. Wii Fit+ at this time will keep up the momentum, get new buyers, and wii fit owners with the balance board under the couch.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"