By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN first impressions of InFamous:it looks better than prototype

infamous looks awsome............infamous and x-edge out in may. i will have them both

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

infamous will still sell worse... unless prototype flops on the 360 aswell

Nice looking forward to get more news.

Prototype looks ok, but I think it would get boring morphing into someone else all the time. Maybe too much exploration and characters to become. I'd rather move forward with a game then experiment with different ways of soul sucking. I'm still wavering over Infamous - but is looking good so far.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Just went to Gametrailers and saw some gameplay feeds (old). Looks to me inFamoous is more like a shooter, while Prototype is more like a hack n' slasher.

Both look really fun. I guess I am more interested in inFamous, also it will be released earlier so I might check it out first.

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
Prototype looks ok, but I think it would get boring morphing into someone else all the time. Maybe too much exploration and characters to become. I'd rather move forward with a game then experiment with different ways of soul sucking. I'm still wavering over Infamous - but is looking good so far.

Agreed!!!

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

infamous looks like it actually has a story and good gameplay driven by missions.

prototype looks like mindless repetitive crap. just my opinion ladies...

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

I own both PS3 & 360......and i still say inFamous looks like crap, i have yet to be impressed by a single trailer, it looks rather boring going around shooting electricity all day, yea cool that you can be good and evil and all, but what satisfaction do you get out of being evil ? the game has no gore no nothing, being evil will not feel the same as say Fallout 3, its just comic violence........for story/gameplay wise im leaning towards prototype......simply because.....Prototype got its own comicbook deal......inFamous did not. probably because it is a rip off Static shock & Phantom dust and several others with a similiar plot, Prototype seems to be the one that can change Open world games for the better, while infamous seems like a carbon copy. the fact that its by "suckerpunch" means nothing to me, as i didnt like Sly cooper on the PS2 at all lol

All that and Zombies and shape shifting is so much cooler than electricity =D being a huge sony supporter i wanted to give inFamous a chance, no doubt ill still buy it, but im not expecting much, im not expecting to get the same gameplay satisfaction out of inFamous as i would from prototype because again, inFamous gameplay is nothing new, Prototype is boasting something new that spiderman or any other hero open world game has acomplished, many will say oh hey ! ultimate destruction......Ultimate destruction is nothing like prototype, besides hey ! ultimate destruction, and thats where that comparison ends. ive talked to a lot of people who went to comic con, i believe both inFamous & Prototype playable demos were there for the public, ive heard everyone say positive things about prototype basicaly praising it saying the gameplay blew their minds, where as for inFamous negative comments all over, from the gameplay mechanics/controls to what have you