By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Wii Number 1 for good?

Alot of people were thinking that the 360 might pass the Wii when Halo 3 comes out.  I just don't see it happening.  I think it MIGHT outsell the Wii in the US in October.  Still don't think this is a given.

Worldwide I don't see any chance the 360 outsells the Wii in any month for the foreseable future. 

Around the Network

Don't forget the marketing monster that Halo 3 is. I find it very likely that the 360 will outsell the Wii for one month, but after that I don't think so.

TT is misleading, and I dont expect the 360 to go too high up during halo 3 release, bioshock didnt do much if anything, the price cut did increase sales amazingly near 90k at times in the U.S.

What I find strange is the increase in ps3 sales, is warhawk and lair doing something?

mM

i dont know 360 almost has 11 million people on the market im not too sure it will move that much more 360's than its already moving.. but the wii is ahead for good

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Don't forget the marketing monster that Halo 3 is. I find it very likely that the 360 will outsell the Wii for one   month, but after that I don't think so.

I agree that Halo 3 sales will be ridiculous.  And I do think the 360 will outsell the Wii in the US in October.  I just don't think it will outsell the Wii WW in October or any other month. 

Around the Network

Halo 3 is certainly going to sell well to 360 owners, but I don't know how well it is going to fulfil Microsoft's hopes of bringing in new users. The first two Halo games were HUGE....and I still didn't buy an XBOX last generation.

Nowadays, with the cost of this hobby, I think gamers look at several factors when choosing a console. Gone are the days of buying a console for one five-star game. If there is ONE game that will sell a system, it may very well be Halo 3. As it stands, I see it as just one more great title on a system loaded with great titles.

Its possible, but unlikely. It might even up the console race in the short term though.

Right now Wii is roughly 500,000 Consoles Ahead. Halo 3 Launches in roughly two weeks. If sales continue Wii will have around a 750,000 Unit lead when Halo 3 hits. Best case the 360 movies 300,000 units in a week for 3 weeks, and it'd still be behind.

Unless the 360 has an insane holidayesque type couple weeks of like 400,000 Units a week, its unlikely.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

I don't think that 360 has a chance of passing the Wii at this point, even with Halo 3, but it will still be huge nonetheless.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

fazz said:
Don't forget the marketing monster that Halo 3 is. I find it very likely that the 360 will outsell the Wii for one month, but after that I don't think so.

That depends if the majority of the almost 10.5 million 360's out there already bought the 360 for Halo.  I do agree that the 360 won't outsell the Wii after October.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

fazz said:

That depends if the majority of the almost 10.5 million 360's out there already bought the 360 for Halo.  I do agree that the 360 won't outsell the Wii after October.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY