By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Pre-Purchase Orange Box Now, Play TF2 Beta Next Week!!

I did it as soon as I saw it on Kotaku. This is awesome.

Around the Network

We'll have to all get in the same server on Monday night and go crazy.

Man...we haven't even seen the videos for the Pyro and others....but we'll get to play as them come Monday? Crazy!

I'm wondering what features, if any, will be disabled...what maps there are...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
We'll have to all get in the same server on Monday night and go crazy.

Man...we haven't even seen the videos for the Pyro and others....but we'll get to play as them come Monday? Crazy!

I'm wondering what features, if any, will be disabled...what maps there are...

We absolutely must do a VGChartz server on Monday.

Here's the system requirements and recommendations again for those who forgot or don't know:

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

So obviously a majority of people can play the Orange Box games...hurry up and buy! 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I've been playing Episode 1 since I never got a chance to originally. I've got to say it's a big step up in graphics over HL2. HDR lighting seems to put games a lot closer to reality, something I also noticed in Metroid Prime 3. And, of course, it runs at a nice high framerate on my 6600 GT at 1280x1024, which is very welcome!

Around the Network

Video is fan f'ingtastic.....

lmfao

is the deal still available?

edit: nm I have until Oct 10th apparently lol 

To Each Man, Responsibility

I'm still deciding wether I should get it off steam or get the boxed retail version.
boxes are nice :)

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Boxes pile up in my room. I already don't have nearly enough room for all my gaming-related stuff. A game box to me is just a useless piece of cardboard with a picture on it.

TF2 Beta begins today, probably sometime in the afternoon, Pacific time. That would be early evening on Eastern time.

sweeeet

LEFT4DEAD411.COM