By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - For those of you buying FFXIII on the 360...

so what multi dvd's and istall them on the 360, 7.1? i use my Tv audio and i don't even know what the system it uses is called! And the same thing was said on GTA IV and it works Perfectly on the 360, and works even better then the ps3

I'm not a fan boy of any thing, whatever wins i don't care. As long as i enjoy good games

Around the Network

Surely multiple discs is a real issue, if only because of scratching? 4 discs = 4 times more likely to be scratched.

And given that blu-ray is far more scratch resistant than DVD, the odds of the 360 version scratching in comparison to the PS3 version becomes even higher.

Ever since I scratched the first disc of FF8, making the entire game unplayable, this has become a pretty big issue for me personally. I dunno - does anyone else have similiar fears?

And whilst we're here: I also believe Lost Odyssey had a problem, where many copies of Disc 4 were unplayable, making it impossible for many people to complete the game. (Probably because of the crappy little paper bag thing it's kept in?) It's unlikely, but it's possible something similiar could happen with FF13.

I so want to know how many discs FFXIII will be needed for the game on X360. 5 or 6 game discs could be very close to the mark for the game and one more disc with bonus stuff.

One DVD-9 disc holds around 8GB of data. Assuming FFXIII Game is 40GB in total: 5 or 6 game discs will be needed if uncompressed, fewer discs needed if compressed to save on discs. SE will pay MS royalties for having it on multiple DVD game discs.

FFXIII on PS3 will be on 1 Blu-Ray disc including game and bonus features all on the same disc.

numonex said:
I so want to know how many discs FFXIII will be needed for the game on X360. 5 or 6 game discs could be very close to the mark for the game and one more disc with bonus stuff.

One DVD-9 disc holds around 8GB of data. Assuming FFXIII Game is 40GB in total: 5 or 6 game discs will be needed if uncompressed, fewer discs needed if compressed to save on discs. SE will pay MS royalties for having it on multiple DVD game discs.

FFXIII on PS3 will be on 1 Blu-Ray disc including game and bonus features all on the same disc.

If FFXIII is 40 GB in size, then I hope SE sells a heck of a lot of them because that much content must have cost them a king's ransom to produce.

Myviewing said:
crumas2 said:
I won't buy any of the new FF titles because it just wouldn't feel right playing them on anything but the console the first FF appeared on.

I must follow my extreme purist instincts.

The NES?

I was making a joke regarding those who would only buy FFXIII on a PS3 because they had only played the older titles on a PS machine.  I really don't care which platform a game originally appears on, I will buy it and play it because it's fun.

Around the Network

I just don't see how the 360 version can be the same.

Why? Because in an interview with Itagaki from 2005 that I've pointed out on this site before, he says his team was really knocked out when they discovered the 360 was going to be using dvd as its main disc type (Itakagi thought that it was going to be using HD-DVDs). He further said in this interview that he wanted the bigger disc space because it would let him put more cutscenes that would appeal to Japanese gamers in his games and he said that to put even the two minute High-Definition trailer for DoA 4 from E3 on the 360's dvds in a quality that was acceptable to him that that would take 2 gigs of the discs 9 gig space leaving him far less room than he considered adequate for other parts of the game.

Now, presuming that what Itagaki thinks is a suitable quality for high definition cinemas is roughly the same thing as what Square thinks it is, then you probably have 45 to 60 minutes of hd cinemas in Final Fantasy XIII which according to Itagaki's standards would make the cinemas in FFXIII have to be around 50 gig in size. Let's say the rest of the game only takes up about 10 gigs of space, then you have FFXIII taking up 60 gigs of disc space and close to seven dvd 9s to be at the same quality

So, I really don't know how the two games can be anywhere near identical when you take into consideration what Itagaki said would be the required space to get his two minute cinema at the quality that he wanted it to be in on a dvd 9 when there will probably be 50 minutes of cinema in FFXIII.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/team_ninja_chief_concerned_by_xbox_360_dvd_media_capacity.html

EDIT:  Although I do think I see a way around this.  It could be that the plan is for gamers to use the 360's hard drive feature that was into the new xbox dashboard where you can save games off of the disc to your 360's hard drive to compensate for the dvd's lack of space, but do you really want to be taking up 45 to 60 gigs of space on the 360's hard drive to play FFXIII? 

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Im getting the PS3 version...
But when i beat that, im getting the 360 version, to be an achievement whore

Plus the 360 box thingy will look cool

Carl2291 said:

Are you really going to pay $60 for achievements? I really don't get the obsessions with trophies/achievements... is there bragging rights? Because I don't really see people braggining about them.

Akvod said:
Carl2291 said:

Are you really going to pay $60 for achievements? I really don't get the obsessions with trophies/achievements... is there bragging rights? Because I don't really see people braggining about them.

Im in the GS league... it is my duty to be a GS whore

Anyway, i wont be buying the game. Ill be swapping some games what i dont play no more. 

some people think the 360 is getting a port. its not, itagaki has said that FFXIII is being developed on PC architecture and being ported to the PS3 as they go along. I dont know alot about the technicalities but they have development tools that make it easy to do multiplatform games.

So it all boils down to the old arguements of which controller you like, blu-ray over DVD, some people still thinking that FF was originally on PS not NES, 7.1.

I think the shitstorm is going to be similar to that of GTAIV. Now no one cares.