By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom Shares Head for 5-Year High as Wii Games May Boost Sales

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=aO1k7f6BBi8c&refer=japan 

Capcom Shares Head for 5-Year High as Wii Games May Boost Sales

By Pavel Alpeyev

Sept. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Capcom Co., the Japanese publisher of the ``Resident Evil'' game series, headed for a five-year high on the Tokyo Stock Exchange on expectations sales of titles for Nintendo Co.'s Wii consoles will boost earnings.

Capcom, based in Osaka, climbed 7.3 percent to 2,880 yen as of 2:06 p.m., after a 6.8 percent increase yesterday. The stock's poised to close at its highest level since Sept. 26, 2002. The benchmark Topix index rose 0.9 percent.

The company, whose ``Resident Evil'' action game was among the top 10 best-selling titles in Japan and the U.S. in June, expects annual sales to rise 11 percent as it doubles the number of Wii titles to six. Chief Financial Officer Kazuhiko Abe gave presentations to investors in New York and Boston last week, focusing on new Wii offerings, spokesman Ryosuke Tanaka said.

``Resident Evil's Wii edition has continued to sell well,'' said Jay Defibaugh, who rates Capcom shares ``outperform'' as an analyst at Credit Suisse Group in Tokyo. Sales of the game, also known as ``Biohazard'' in Japan, will probably exceed Capcom's shipment target of 620,000 units by March 31, he said.

Around the Network

Get real, Capcom. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition should've already surpassed that...

Well it is the same guy who had an underweight rating while Nintendo was breaking new record profit levels, so he may not be the most informed guy.

Capcom had a shipment target of 420,000, not 620,000.

Either Bloomberg quoted wrong or the analyst at Credit Suisse Group in Tokyo has it wrong.

In fact, they've already shipped 750,000 units as of Aug 31st.
http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070831.html

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I believe that 420,000 was for this year...the 620,000 is through March, unless I'm mistaken.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I would like to see Capcom remake Bionic Commando for the Wii. I'm sure they could sell at least 500,000 copies of it.

^^ No more remakes. Capcom is too good to do so many remakes *anrgily looks at SE* make some new games like Z&W!

BenKenobi88 said:
I believe that 420,000 was for this year...the 620,000 is through March, unless I'm mistaken.

It was for fiscal year 2007 which ends March 31st 2008.

Expectations crushed.

EDIT: 620,000 is the ecpectations for RE: UC fiscal year 2007. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

It was for fiscal year 2007 which ends March 31st 2008.

Expectations crushed.

EDIT: 620,000 is the ecpectations for RE: UC fiscal year 2007.

I think RE:UC will do at least 1m+ in their fiscal year 2007.

more games for the Wii by one of my favorite developers, gee-hee!

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.