By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I played the last couple Factor 5 GC games, if not Lair. The idea of them making games for any system, let alone one that plays to a weakness of theirs (motion-control) and not to their greatest strength (making theings pretty), does not enthuse.

Around the Network

I never once hyped Lair, i thought it played like shit from the start, even in the vids it has a choppy look to it.

Between Star Wars Rogue Squadren 3 and Lair I'm half afraid that Factor 5 will produce a game involving a lot of ground combat and try to take advantage of motion controls

GranTurismo said:
I never once hyped Lair, i thought it played like shit from the start, even in the vids it has a choppy look to it.

Liar.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Gelmer said:
GranTurismo said:

Liar.

Okay gball, i'm not blue3 so anything he said about the game is not what i feel.  But i will go try and find one of my posts, from another account that states what i feel about the game.  I've also never looked up past posts by users so it might take me a couple of minutes.

Around the Network
Gelmer said:
GranTurismo said:

Liar.

I found the post i made with my original name, this was posted in a lair thread.

"I'm not too sure about this game, from the ingame vids the game looks very bad, I've seen extreme slowdown and just crappy visuals, but i'll download the new vid, maybe it looks better."

I don't think Nintendo is quite as desperate to hand them a blank check or any money for that matter. If that's the case, I have no complaints.

Lair was hyped by countless Sony fanboys, many of which were banned several times and suspected to have produced new usernames. GranTurismo, don't take it personally but many people will assume that you're one of the Lair boosters because you're a big Sony booster, you are a reasonably new member, and you only arrived after Lair started to get some negative press ...

On the note of a game from Factor 5, I don't think it is entirely reasonable to discount it entirely simply because of how poorly Lair turned out. One of the reviews for Lair that I saw (I believe it was Gametrailers) commented that every feature of Lair felt unpolished and rushed and I expect that they very well could have been forced to release it regardless of its state; Lair was initially a launch game, had been delayed already, and (probably) would have required 6 months to a year to 'clean it up' to make it a reasonable quality game.

I could be wrong but I imagine that Factor 5 miscalculated the ammount of resources necessary to produce a PS3 game like Lair, mismanaged the resources they had, and ran into problems managing the scale of the project. I suspect they would have much greater success if they either scaled back the scale of the project and worked on a Wii game or even on any future PS3 games they produce.

the thing that interest me the most is how graphically can they push it and still maintain a steady framerate.

Uh...framerate drops were a big problem for Lair.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )