By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
GranTurismo said:
You guys can have them, they screwed up lair and where given 10 extra months to make it right and they still failed, the motion controls are only the start of what was wrong with lair. Factor 5 is a company of old like Rare their best days are behind them.

They must of really tried hard to screw up lair, its not that hard to make a good game. They had one part right the Dragons, but they made them into crappy x-wings. and screwed the FPS up so bad the game is unplayable during most of the story.

hahaha  you say its not that hard to make a good game? lol it is very hard to make a game fun and good.

first of all the motion controls arent even wrong in lair, i can tell you havent played it.

the only thing that is bad about them are the 180 turns and the lock on system.

and those were most of the problems  i had fun with the game, its an 8.5 game for me.

it could use a little more lasting appeal.

Around the Network

Not a game; make a graphics-drolling-over middleware for lazy developers to use.

BenKenobi88 said:
Uh...framerate drops were a big problem for Lair.

It was not their fault, it was hardware's fault. And don't forget the ghosts.

Interesting interview. Is exactly as I thought, some people are not pushing the Wii at all (I'm looking at you EA and Ubi). Even with the failure that Lair was, and even RS3, I really hope they make some games for the Wii. 

dannyphantom105 said:
GranTurismo said:
You guys can have them, they screwed up lair and where given 10 extra months to make it right and they still failed, the motion controls are only the start of what was wrong with lair. Factor 5 is a company of old like Rare their best days are behind them.

They must of really tried hard to screw up lair, its not that hard to make a good game. They had one part right the Dragons, but they made them into crappy x-wings. and screwed the FPS up so bad the game is unplayable during most of the story.

hahaha you say its not that hard to make a good game? lol it is very hard to make a game fun and good.

first of all the motion controls arent even wrong in lair, i can tell you havent played it.

the only thing that is bad about them are the 180 turns and the lock on system.

and those were most of the problems i had fun with the game, its an 8.5 game for me.

it could use a little more lasting appeal.

Ok Danny, your opinion is great and all, but you should really explain your opinion. And i'm glad you enjoyed the game, seeing that many haven't including the main game reviewing sites and magazines...

But seriously, HappySquirrel is right. Don't just discount F5 just because of their mistakes with thier later games. Even if they do mess up another game what harm would it do to you? All it would do is harm themselves and eventually lead them to do better. They don't want to die, and if we can give them the will to put out a potentially awesome Wii game, we shouldn't want them to die either.  (Die as in "a downward spiral from Lair").

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

rickthestick2 said:

Die as in "a downward spiral from Lair"

As in the slowly degenerating number from 5 ... Quoted Soriku: "Factor 4.5!" 

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

Nice words from Mr. Eggebrecht. Whatever they're up to, it would be cool if an experienced studio started pushing the hardware a bit more. If they make a powerful engine and sell it to others... sounds good.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of anything called "Factor 5" until August 30th, 2008. I have successfully wiped my memory of anything called a "Lair".

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I am pretty sure at one point, him and his company were scoffing at the wii, now they are like "yeah, you could totally make some great looking games with the hardware". But any way i gues it would be nice if they made an engine for the wii and licesnsed it out to other devs.

weren't factor 5 the ones talking about how uninteresting Reggie's Wii party was? or was that Insomniac?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

It's funny how all the devs and publishers are changing their stance on the wii.  They are desperately trying to get a game out on the Wii to cash in.  Too bad almost everything they are putting out is junk.  I don't know if I would even care if 3rd parties made games on the Wii. (with the exceptions of a few).  Between first and second parties their is some serious ownage going on in terms of software.  What I think Nintendo should do is:  Acquire at least two more quality 2nd parties to help them push out quality titles (monolith was an excellent choice).  Most of these third parties are doing nothing but taking advantage of unlearned wii owners who don't know that their games are junk.  I've cut my spending back on alot of titles due to the lack of effort put forth in respects to third parties.  BTW  Ubisoft better make up the difference coming into 2008.Â