By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 Holding Onto English Tales of Vesperia

deathgod33 said:
Xen said:

This is very speculative... you can't rely on the "only on X360" logo, for example. The only plausible reason I see here is Namco not wanting to record the extra stuff in English. But you can perfectly do Japanese w/English subs... so...

that is now useless, its only exclusive if it says "property of MS/sony" on it. lol.

True.

Around the Network

I hope it goes the route of Eternal Sonata. Since this is just speculation and not confirmations, we can only hope and pray that it gets a US release. But if it does wouldn't that mean that MS has to remove the "only on Xbox 360" logo...

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
if it does launch in japan in fall of 09, then it wont make it stateside until summer 2010 at the earliest. :(

But Tales of Vesperia came out in the US one week after it was released in Japan.

@ ROBOTECHHEAVEN

Also the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata came out in the US one month after it was released in Japan as well.

Haha, I thought it was official at first.
Good thing it's pure speculation.
And as others have pointed out, Eternal Sonata has the "only on Xbox360" logo aswell and it came to the PS3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
g-value said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
if it does launch in japan in fall of 09, then it wont make it stateside until summer 2010 at the earliest. :(

But Tales of Vesperia came out in the US one week after it was released in Japan.

This right here is the only thing lending that random blog post any credit. The already ready localization does lend some truth that MS may have done the localization, but it's still iffy at best. If it's true though, that is an ingenious way to try and keep exclusivity of RPGs in the western market.

Can anyone vouch for that story about Tales of Symphonia's PS2 port not seeing a western release because Nintendo funded the translation?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

localization it's already done. it won't take much time i assure you.

Onyxmeth said:
g-value said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

This right here is the only thing lending that random blog post any credit. The already ready localization does lend some truth that MS may have done the localization, but it's still iffy at best. If it's true though, that is an ingenious way to try and keep exclusivity of RPGs in the western market.

Can anyone vouch for that story about Tales of Symphonia's PS2 port not seeing a western release because Nintendo funded the translation?

But as the article stated Nintendo not only funded the translation but also provided  funding for a massive advertising campaign for Symphonia. Plus Namco found a new company to localize the tales series after Symphonia.

Nobody knows anything until official word so...this is all just speculation, lets face it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot