By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

yo_john117 said:
twingo said:

Seriously and I'm being dead serious here,  is he a troll or is just being moronic ?  Its like the kid cant understand basic facts, has trouble decoding reality from his own delusions.

Its not that hard.

Gran Turismo 3 came out on a 12 million user base.

Gran Turismo 4 prologue came out on dec 2003 in Japan.  GT3 sales ended before PS2 hit 60 million sold ww, its successor was taking over by then.

GT3 NEVER sold on a 120 million user base.

Is that so hard to understand, seriously is it ??? (anyone please anwser)

And far as first week GT3 sales kid, it did 564k in Japan life time 1.89 - thats 30% opening week.  SO if EU and NA are anything like that (might might not) GT3 could have IN THEORY based on fact/math done 4.4 million opening week ww.

Wow you didn't even read a god damn thing i wrote. you are obviously the troll...Halo is more popular than GT. GET THE FUCK OVER IT ALREADY!!!!!! i tried reasoning but your so blind.  GT3 sold about 15 million but even with a 60 mill userbase thats over double what the 360 is so there again that proves my point that the PS2 STILL had a way bigger userbase.  I understand that GT is very popular but its no where close to what halo 3 is. Are Hundreds of thousands of people playing Any of the GT as we speak?!?!?  Do you see all sorts of websites for gran turismo?!? how bout tv shows on it( MLG anyone??) More people in the world know what HAlo 3 is even if they don't paly video games, the same CANNOT be said for GT.  I'm not saying GT is trash i'm just simply stating that Halo 3 is more popular what part of your troll mind doesn't comprehend that?!?!?  Anyone with a quarter of a brain will figure out that halo 3 is more popular than GT.  And your "in theory" remark about GT3 doing halo 3 first week numbers is a hundred percent wrong. IF IT WOULD HAVE SOLD MORE COPIES IN ITS FIRST WEEK OR EVEN COME CLOSE TO WHAT HALO 3 DID THEN YOU WOULD HAVE FUCKING HEARD ABOUT IT IN THE NEWS!!!!  Haven't you seen the all the articles saying Halo 3 has the biggest launch in the history of videogames?!?!  Dude just fucking accept that the Halo series is more popular than GT.   

Seriously though, let's just wait for GT5 to come out before definitively declaring one franchise as being more popular than the other.

Around the Network

GT3 14.8 MILLION.

Has any Halo out sold that NO.

so GT is more popular get over it, post whatever bs you want to justify your ignorant delusional opinion but at the end of the day GT best seller is far far beyond the best selling Halo.

basic Math kid

GT > Halo

So what, the next thing from these challenged ones is that Halo is bigger then GTA right.

twingo said:

GT3 14.8 MILLION.

so GT is more popular get over it, post whatever bs you want to justify your ignorant delusional opinion but at the end of the day GT best seller is far far beyond the best selling Halo.

basic Math kid

GT > Halo

So what, the next thing from these challenged ones is that Halo is bigger then GTA right.

So i guess with your mental logic nintendo dogs for the ds is more popular than GT3 since it sold way more than GT3 

But in the end sales don't make a game more popular, the game could be bundled (which i heard GT3 was heavily bundled) or the game could be on a system with a larger intall base.  Its all about how well known a game is or how many people play it on a constant day to day basis. 

Now that i thoroughly owned you in all aspects in this matter, lets stop this petty fight or at least call it off until GT5 comes out where we will actually have current gen proof 

As you say "simple math kid"

twingo said:

GT3 14.8 MILLION.

basic Math kid

GT > Halo

I predict once we have GT5 figures for the first week you will never post under this username again having been made to look foolish.

Shut up about Gran Turismo 5. It's not part of the OP's question.

God of War III will not, definitely not at all. Never. Not a chance. Zero.
Final Fantasy XIII's opening week will be maybe 2/3 of Halo 3's.

Around the Network

I don't think FF will bust 1 million in week one, and GOW...lol that is even in the discussion.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

yo_john117 said:
twingo said:

GT3 14.8 MILLION.

basic Math kid

GT > Halo

So i guess with your mental logic nintendo dogs for the ds is more popular than GT3 since it sold way more than GT3 

But in the end sales don't make a game more popular, the game could be bundled (which i heard GT3 was heavily bundled) or the game could be on a system with a larger intall base.  Its all about how well known a game is or how many people play it on a constant day to day basis. 

Now that i thoroughly owned you in all aspects in this matter, lets stop this petty fight or at least call it off until GT5 comes out where we will actually have current gen proof 

As you say "simple math kid"

Actually yes it is, pets are universal male/female old and young.  As diverse as GT fabase is its not appealing as a cute little puppy.  Nin dogs tapped into a young female market, Gt will never do that though females are becoming more and more interested in cars.

All Halos were bundled kid, thats what sold the damn console.  Halo bundles is the reason that the original xbox even managed to out sale the freaking PS2 for a few weeks.

You have owned nothing but yourself, you simply are a fool.

heruamon said:
I don't think FF will bust 1 million in week one, and GOW...lol that is even in the discussion.

Every single FF since FF7 has exceeded 2 million week one.

yo_john117 said:
twingo said:

GT3 14.8 MILLION.

basic Math kid

GT > Halo

But in the end sales don't make a game more popular

lol idiot.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

heruamon said:

Why the hell even post if you clearly havent got a clue about anything.

FF7 did 2 million in Japan alone on a 5 million user base, we dont have WW first week sales.

Japan alone FF sales.

FF7 2 million
FFX 1.9 million
FFXII 1.8 million (even this crap sold so damn well)

So wtf makes you think FF wont easily bust 1 million ?

FF13 in Japan give or take 2 million, WW i dont know 3 million.  GOW3 should do close to 1 million WW its very hardcore oriented game.  Together they should be able to cross 4 million sold first week world wide sales, with FF accounting for a big majority of it. 

Alot depands on PS3 price and when the games are released.