By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What's with the talk of the XBox 360 "almost getting crushed by Sony"?

saicho said:
BHR-3 said:
SlipperyMooseCakes said:

It is always the next thing that is going to put the PS3 permanetly on top of the 360. Look the PS3 is going to eventually have a price cut but you have to look, so is the 360. If Microsoft follows the strategegy they have been so far they will release a new model, cut an old one and put it at a discounted price. Don't be surprised if the Arcade eventually has a hard drive. Not to mention don't rule out a slim model of the 360. Each side can speculate all they want that when 'x' action happens 'x' console is going to dominate the other. You have to realize that the opposite company is going to counteract with 'x' action to counteract to put 'x' console back on top.

the 360 will be in trouble if the ps3 goes to $300 i dont care wat ur saying u have to look at it mathematically the lowest the 360 can go this year is 150$ i dont think that will happen i think it will be more in the 170-180 range 

but even if it does go to 150$ and the ps3 is 300$ than thats a only 150$ price diff and if you looked at the WW sales for this and past weeks the ps3 is pretty close to outselling it with a hefty 200$ price difference

MS strategy's have failed in my opinion look at there EU strategy they had 2 price cuts last year making the pro sku cheaper than the Wii, EU is the only place were its like that and now the ps3 being more than double than the 360 in that region is selling extremely close to it if that doesnt equal fail to you than i dont know wat does

so im going to be the one to say it if the ps3 gets a 300$ price tag this year "That Will Save It" and put an end to that pic

And yes i did look down ur profiles pic shirt

Assuming what you stated is true, the question reamins. When is the pricecut gonna happen? Are you sure it's gonna be this year? What if it doesn't happen this year? Also, PS3 will be count as saved by pricecut if PS3 outsells 360 after PS3 hits $300?

i think November

im very sure it will at least have A price cut this year

i think wen the ps3 gets to 300 the 360 will never or not as often be able to outsell it WW again

Play Me

Around the Network

Struggling to out sale something double its price.

Sony could crush it if they had the balls. 100 price cut on same day GT5 WW release, rip 360.  Though they are to stupid to do it, could/should have done it with K2

360 is doing fine, LOL.

One week of close sales with ps3 and the sony fans get hyped up, LOL,

there are only 2 reasons this happened that I can think of, just maybe not that many people bought 360 this ONE week, or 360 is having shortages.

Jeronimo66 said:

360 is doing fine, LOL.

there are only 2 reasons this happened that I can think of, just maybe not that many people bought 360 this ONE week, or 360 is having shortages.

Microsoft fans would like to think so, but unfortunately it hasn't been just one week. It's been OVER A MONTH.

SlipperyMooseCakes said:

It is always the next thing that is going to put the PS3 permanetly on top of the 360. Look the PS3 is going to eventually have a price cut but you have to look, so is the 360. If Microsoft follows the strategegy they have been so far they will release a new model, cut an old one and put it at a discounted price. Don't be surprised if the Arcade eventually has a hard drive. Not to mention don't rule out a slim model of the 360. Each side can speculate all they want that when 'x' action happens 'x' console is going to dominate the other. You have to realize that the opposite company is going to counteract with 'x' action to counteract to put 'x' console back on top.

hahaha...  That is funny right there!

Around the Network
Seihyouken said:
Jeronimo66 said:

360 is doing fine, LOL.

Microsoft fans would like to think so, but unfortunately it hasn't been just one week. It's been OVER A MONTH.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the 360 outsell the PS3 worldwide by thirty thousand units just last week?

skorp said:
SlipperyMooseCakes said:

hahaha...  That is funny right there!

LOL, good one man.

Jeronimo66 said:
Seihyouken said:
Jeronimo66 said:

360 is doing fine, LOL.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the 360 outsell the PS3 worldwide by thirty thousand units just last week?

you are wrong the 360 only outsold ps3 by 4k in the last month

BTW - the ps3 is doing better than the 360 did last year and the 360 is doing worse than the ps3 last year

Max King of the Wild said:
Jeronimo66 said:
Seihyouken said:
Jeronimo66 said:

360 is doing fine, LOL.

you are wrong the 360 only outsold ps3 by 4k in the last month

Dude I think you are confusing the weeks with the months go look at the charts again.