By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Racing Game for Nintendo Wii - Speedzone Trailer

and this is from an alpha built from december 2008, so it can have graphicly improved a bit

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Around the Network

Looks great. This is the N64 right?

mjc2021 said:
Looks great. This is the N64 right?

yeah good one, which other games on any console has 8 player splitscreen again? 

and 4-6 player splitscreen with up to 60 FPS ?

and i doubt this game was ever about graphics but about some fun battles and multiplayer action

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Interesting video. It's clearly insanely early from a development point, and it looks to have all the ingredients of a solid racer. I think the best we can all do is just cross our fingers and hope.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Looks pretty nice for an alpha video.

But I don't get this 8 player thing, 4 wiimotes and 4 nunchucks?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

FYI: Archer MacLean is the gentleman behind the excellent Mercury games for Wii and PSP.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Wow. I'm actually really looking forward to this game. 8 player splitscreen with F-Zero/WipeOut style gameplay and tracks? Awesome!

And ofcourse this isn't WiiWare. What I can see from it, it's a pretty full game with a standard Race Mode, Time Trial, Battle Mode and up to 8 player splitscreen at 60 frames per second. And yes, the graphics look a bit simple, but certainly not bad and it is from the alpha build.

This game is ON THE LIST.

gameplay is a little too slow for me plus the graphics is not impressive at all(levels really DO need more colors and better textures there). i hope this really Is an alpha version.

The weapons remind me of Extreme G.

This game obviously needs some more polish graphically. If the controls are good, it might be alright.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Wii owners can get excited about this? My, how the mighty have fallen.

Xbox Gamertag: BrapRedHarvest PSN ID: Brap123