By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - should rareware return as a nintendo developer?

SJGohan3972 said:

Anyone who has ever played Harvest Moon :) (sorry I couldn't resist)

ok that is a fair burn there, but there were other things do in do in harvest moon as well, on viva pinata it was about... farming.

My favourite part on harvest moon was the mining imo

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

By the time Nintendo sold Rare, the people who had made it great were, for the most part, already gone. I doubt they would rejoin if Nintendo were to repurchase them, and so in the end it wouldn't mean all that much. Reassembling the original team would be another matter entirely, but that's not going to happen.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Not since most of the original rare team is gone.

jefforange89 said:
Nintendo buying back Rare wouldn't really fix anything.

Now, if they'd picked up Free Radical, however . . .

It's funny you said since the founders were originally from Rare.Can't believe nobody picked up on this.LOL

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

VonShigsy said:

Rare should just make Jet Force Jemini 2 and Battletoads again. Then gamestop will implode.

I support all of this.

Around the Network

Yea does anyone really want them back. They can sell Nintendo their properties such as Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, and Killer Instinct. Otherwise, the Rare MS owns is not the Rare Nintendo used to own. So really, other than saving a few IPs from further annihilation, what is the point of getting the actual company.

Rare hasn't lost anything kameo is easily one of the best rare game i ever played this gen.

This is the usual thing that happens when a company moves from Nintendo to a company like Microsoft they become nothing....

I personally dont give a hoot if they come back or not I just want to see all the original classics back "home" Goldeneye stuck in the middle of 2 companies, DK's the same it's criminal!

BRING THE GAMES NINTENDO HELPED RARE WITH BACK TO THE GREATEST VIDEOGAME COMPANY!

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Zucas said:
Yea does anyone really want them back. They can sell Nintendo their properties such as Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, and Killer Instinct. Otherwise, the Rare MS owns is not the Rare Nintendo used to own. So really, other than saving a few IPs from further annihilation, what is the point of getting the actual company.

Okay you are going to slam Rare for a single Banjo game, that they decided to do different, they didnt even call it Banjo 3, so thus it isnt.

They wanted a spin off and i think it is a decent game.

Perfect Dark Zero was pretty good on the Xbox, also are you sure Nintendo owned Rare, i am pretty sure they just made a lot of their games, dont think Nintendo would let a company like Rare go, if they did games such as Banjo, Donkey Kong etc.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

The SNES Donkey Kong Country and Killer Instinct were outstanding but everything else they've done hasn't been great to me. Perhaps they're working on some new projects they will be impressive.