By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I am a liberal and I'm proud

Whenever we pull out those charts and graphs and find out how liberal/conservative we are, I end up all the way in the left/liberal corner. I'm pretty much as economically liberal and socially liberal as you can get.

Anybody wanna fight about it?

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:

oh i think you misunderstand, im thinking of a Utopia were money doesent exist (as we have technology that provides everything we need) im not an authoritarian either btw (as ive said like a million times, but you never listen)

Let me ask you some basic questions, so you can better educate us on your system.

You are for progressive tax, but against a system where money exists. How do you pay for the poor without the rich?

You are against dictatorships, but in your society, people don't get to pick what they want to do. They first must be invited based on there skills. The government gets to say what jobs are offered to you, and then you get the choice of which one of those jobs you want. That's very much a dictatorship.

You have based this fantasy world on a TV show. Two problems there. One is the people in that show don't act like people would. It's not a reality show, it's a drama. The characters were written to act like they do. Second, in that world, the coolest jobs you could end up with, are the .000001% of people who the show follows. Somewhere, you have janitors, garbage collectors, people who change bedpans, wash dishes, and so on, and they have that job because they were told by there government that it's the best they deserved.

Explain how that would work, and it not be a dictatorship.

Mafoo, youre getting everything wrong, you see, theres almost no point in my debating you as you never seem to understand what im saying at all, how can i debate you if you refuse to understand my point of view? you just ignore it and post what you THINK my view is, which in reality is no where near my view, when you LEARN how to debate like an adult, then i will respond to any problems you have with MY ACTUAL views

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Whenever we pull out those charts and graphs and find out how liberal/conservative we are, I end up all the way in the left/liberal corner. I'm pretty much as economically liberal and socially liberal as you can get.

Anybody wanna fight about it?

its not a fight you get, so much as an ignorance of your views, a statement of what they think your views our and an attack on the views you dont have that is poor anyway, but when you say this, they just do it again, most of there posts are very ironic given the OP's point

SciFiBoy said:
Strategyking92 said:
SciFiBoy said:
Strategyking92 said:

No. A person does not necessarily have to have education and Healthcare to survive. They are not rights. They are not necessary for a person to live a normal life.

what a load of shite, so a normal life is one of illness and ignorance? people like you make me sick

So without your "rights" you would be a disfigured, stupid person?

I won't think so. History proves you wrong in so many ways.

Humans have been around for about 100,000 years (?)

Well, I won't how they survived without their own healthcare and education.  All they needed to do was to know how to survive.

Do you have education in the UK, because I am detecting some ignorance.

history? you mean when we died before 40 and live in poverty or work in workhouses or have slaves or we had dictators in the form of monarchs? history says we need to progress to live longer and happier lives, looking to history for a solution wont work here, we must look to the future, thats why they call the tax system i want PROGRESSIVE.

of course i have had an education, mine included PROPER history lessons, clearly yours did not, if you are dumb enough to think things were better when we had no rights and died before 40.

ignorance? hmm, i dont think so, i know that things were MUCH worse in the past, you choose to ignore that though.

P.S - i wasnt gonna post here again, but i had to respond to that highly offensive and stupid post.

When I mean history, I mean that the human race has survived for thousands of years without proper education and healthcare.  But I guess we weren't even talking about talking about "rights" and "privledges". No, I think we were talking about progress!

If you are going to debate actually debate, damnit, instead of trying to talk about something else.

But your whole post was you saying what you want me to say, such as the bolded, and you talking about a totally different subject. But let me change the subject this time! Let's talk about rollcoasters! They give me a good adrenaline rush, how about you!

P.S - i wasnt gonna post here again, but i had to respond to that highly offensive and stupid post.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

strategyking - so because the species survived, that makes it ok? the progress weve made means nothing becuase we would still have survived, we would still have survived if the germans won WW2, but no one thinks that would be a good place for us to be.

why should we settle for survival? why shouldnt humanity want to progress and learn more and live longer?

SciFiBoy said:
Mafoo, youre getting everything wrong, you see, theres almost no point in my debating you as you never seem to understand what im saying at all, how can i debate you if you refuse to understand my point of view? you just ignore it and post what you THINK my view is, which in reality is no where near my view, when you LEARN how to debate like an adult, then i will respond to any problems you have with MY ACTUAL views

Ahh, so your response is I'm an idiot, and no explanation of your system.

It's what I should come to expect from you... You make me actually miss arguing with Akuma. At least he has a point.

i have a point Mafoo, you just refuse to see it, thats your loss

SciFiBoy said:

You have yet to explain it.

In every world, we need janitors and dish washers. Explain how someone comes to become one in your Utopian society.

TheRealMafoo said:
SciFiBoy said:

You have yet to explain it.

In every world, we need janitors and dish washers. Explain how someone comes to become one in your Utopian society.

sigh, thanks for proving my point

the answer is we have technology that can do there jobs, and that i know that Utopia is a dream for now, but will you read this post properly?