By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best castlevania?

I just read the castlevania on DS review and I wanted to know what's for you the best castlevania and why?

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network

Symphony of the Night. /thread

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

O I forgot.. No reason.. it just is..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Symphony of the Night

The level design was unprecedented(still is actually), the changes to the series were amazing, and it has undoubtedly one of the greatest soundtracks ever.

I'm actually curious if anyone is going to give a different answer here. SOTN is so definitive with Castlevania now that I almost don't expect many to have a different opinion on the matter.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Haven't played SOTN.

Of those I have played I'll choose Order of Ecclesia.

Around the Network

Simon's Quest (it's so fuckin hardcore and unpredictable). A weird and strange game. It's never obvious what you're supposed to do.

It's an Action/RPG, so..

Symphony of the Night a close 2nd (followed by Snes Castlevania and the Original Nes game thereafter).

I just have played the 3 on the DS, the worst is PoR, isnt bad but compared with other 2, its behind.

Its really hard to chose betwen DoS and OoE. I am just going to say this.

DoS pros:
- Soma, Its a great character
- History
- Big castle

OoE pros:
- Fantastic Music
- Better desing/graphics/details
- Diferents enviroments.

Its hard because DoS was the fist castlevania than i played, so it was awesome for me, i have good regards when i remember that game, but OoE its good enough to take my atention one again.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

I could never choose Dawn of Sorrow, if only because I thought Aria of Sorrow was better in nearly every way.

never played one, but Im watching this thread closly to see which I should.

O-D-C said:
never played one, but Im watching this thread closly to see which I should.

You have a 360, right? I'll tell you right now that pulling Symphony of the Night down off of XBLA will probably be you best and most cost-efficient bet. I would also recommend Order of Ecclesia if you have a DS.