By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Tales of Vesperia info on the PS3 port and the movie

Max King of the Wild said:
^ then why are peeps excited

We are hopeful.

Around the Network
g-value said:

http://tov.namco-ch.net/ps3/
Releasing: This Fall
-Enhanced port of the 360 game "Tales of Vesperia. If you want to know more about it, look it up.
-Has numerous changes/additions:
*New logo
*New character, Patty Fleur, voiced by Chiwa Saito.
*New boss
*New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes
*New story scenes
*New side quests
*Fully voiced
*Lots of other new voiced content
*New animated scenes
*New costumes
*Content in movie to tie in with the game

Here is a link to see pictures from both the PS3 port and Movie (its freaking awesome)

http://www.4gamer.net/games/088/G008881/20090406038/screenshot.html?num=049

Oh Damn O_O that's a lot of new content for a port. I really hope this gets released in the states.

Rainbird said:
Christhor said:
Alright, I was in the wrong thread. Will this game come to Europe and the other PAL countries? It doesn't really matter either way, since the PS3 is zone free.

No clue, but it does matter! After all, EU is where the PS3 is strongest, it would be outrageously stupid if Namco didn't publish it there.

Do remember that Europe is the weakes JRPG market of the big 3 (with exceptions).

well, i hope there's an announcement soon for the NA market. i've also held off from buying the 360 version.

g-value said:
Shadowblind said:
g-value said:
Shadowblind said:

It was a first day before, its gonna be a first day again. Loving the new stuff, hope they make a collector's edition again. :D

I still think they should add a 4th chapter :P

Did you see the screens?

Yeah. The new character still has yet to appeal to me though. But This:

I can't wait to see this in action! And I liked the new Tales Movie screens! But what interests me the most....is that Rita, Raven, AND Estelle are also all gonna be in the movie, yet Yuri doesn't know any of them upon meeting them! Heres to hoping for after game plot! ^_^

Flynn is a playable character now.

I have no interest in the new character, rather have a playable Nan, but Flynn equals me buying ToV for PS3.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
SnakeEyez said:
zeross said:

oh crap no more love for x360

Holy crap, is that really what it says?

No, it really says that the PS3 gets late ports of 360 games.

i lol'd.

Anyone know what it really says?

Darc Requiem said:
g-value said:
Shadowblind said:
g-value said:
Shadowblind said:

It was a first day before, its gonna be a first day again. Loving the new stuff, hope they make a collector's edition again. :D

I still think they should add a 4th chapter :P

Did you see the screens?

Yeah. The new character still has yet to appeal to me though. But This:

I can't wait to see this in action! And I liked the new Tales Movie screens! But what interests me the most....is that Rita, Raven, AND Estelle are also all gonna be in the movie, yet Yuri doesn't know any of them upon meeting them! Heres to hoping for after game plot! ^_^

Flynn is a playable character now.

I have no interest in the new character, rather have a playable Nan, but Flynn equals me buying ToV for PS3.

Why are you not interested in Patty? She is going to be awesome. I never played as a shooter in a tales game before. I bet she is going to be alot of fun to play as.

Pattys a cute little character

That seems like a lot of additions to a ported game. It's almost like it's a different game with some of the same material.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

@g-value

I'm not a big fan kid characters in JRPGs. They are annoying more often than not and I don't particular care for her design. She looks like SD version of Ruby Heart from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.