By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video Games With Good Storylines? Your favourites?

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune PS3

-This game had a very well told story, that did borrow a lot from other sources, but represented it in a way that kept question, and suprise.

Metal Gear Solid 1 - 4 PS1 - PS3

-If you are into story's that question your moral decisions, the way government is run, and has deep character attachment, any of these will do.

Bioshock PS3/360

-It is hard to say much without spoiling it, but it is a great suspense,story, with a great twist.

Final Fantasy X PS2

-One of the best stories in a game ever. In fact it is amoung my top 5 favorite stories of all time. I have never gotten as attached to characters in one game, as I did with FFX.

Final Fantay VII PS1

-FFVII had a great story, I think the one fall back was it came at a wierd point in the gaming universe. It is after the point were the charictors were so vauge that it was mostly your imagination filling in the blanks, and before the time of characters being able to truly display emotion. If this game was a book, it would be amazing, and I think a remake that gave these characters life would make it one of the bet ever in games, but still outside of my top 5 from all formats.

Lair PS3

-This game got murdered for having janky controls, but one thing that got overlooked was the story. It is a very good tale of loooking at life through to differant points of view from the same character. It is something that I think a lot of people need to experiance. I can honestly say this story could not possibly be cliche, otherwise people would not be so retarded when it comes to chinese people eating dogs, or flipping out about ads in the Netherlands when they live in the US.

God of War 1 & 2 PS2

Story wise, these games are decent, but in character development they are some of the best.

I think the best part about games is the story's they tell. IMO games crush movies because they are able to crate a character, a maker them fit the role perfecly. The biggest problem with movies is that it is so hard to seperate real life from acting. For my, if I see Nicholas Cage in a movie I think Nick Cage, and I have a role invisioned for him. To me him playing any other role would be like having Kratos show up in something like what Heavy Rain is trying to be. It just makes no sense.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

F*** I forgot to put God of war series....Im a disgrace to GOW fans.

I enjoyed the story in Space Invaders.

Planescape Torment :

well, it is a PC game (2000) that u can hardly buy but easly download via emule.

It looks like Baldur Gate (RPG in 3D isometric) with less fight and more text.

The story is quite interesting (no spoiler inside) :

You are a random guy that wake up in a mortuary (dead house) lying on a table. You have of course lost your memmory and you have no clue about what to do. You quickly find near you a floating skull that can talk !!!
This guy will help you to read a special "text" tatoo that is on your back and that give you some information about what do to do first (checking for a guy that I forgot the name).

The most important point is that you are also ... immortal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You just can"t really die and will be transferred back to a mortuary like place each time you lost all ur HP !

Progressviely, you will unclock new skill after getting back memmory throught getting experience (fighting + reading + talking)

Who made you immortal ?
why have u lost ur memmory ?
and more important who are u ?

.. a very good old school RPG just powning the nobrain Oblivion + Fallout 3 !

EDIT :

from Wookaroo's post in page 1 :

Planescape: Torment (Haven't played it yet but EVERY single person I talk to who owns it praises it's amazing character development and story)

Time to Work !

Metal Gear Solid series

Resident Evil series

Resistance series

Around the Network
GamingChartzFTW said:

Me too... I cried at the end ...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:
GamingChartzFTW said:

Which ending did you get?  :/

Final Fantasy X
Kingdom Hearts series
Beyond Good and Evil
Uncharted
Mass Effect
MGS series
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Star Ocean 3(still haven't played 4 yet)
God of War series
Persona 4

GamingChartzFTW said:
Sardauk said:
GamingChartzFTW said:

Which ending did you get?  :/

The one where he tough he had shooted all of the alien chips and celebrate... then the last alien ship crash-drop on the last fortress who can stand the explosion and kill his buddy...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Metroid. Metroid Prime, LttP( sure it seems cliched nowadays, but it's the game that made the cliche), Fire Emblem