By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl both over 3 millions copys sold

I bought my daughter Pearl and my son Diamond. I never got the Pokemon thing but the kids sure as hell do. They are playing that game constantly. Linking up with their friends and playing it. It's insaine. I still don't get it.

Around the Network
bulletstopper said:
I bought my daughter Pearl and my son Diamond. I never got the Pokemon thing but the kids sure as hell do. They are playing that game constantly. Linking up with their friends and playing it. It's insaine. I still don't get it.

lol... I can. But, there are things you never bound to understand... Universal truth...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

W29, I know numerous 20+ year olds who bought Pokemon Diamond and Pearl when they came out. They all played at least 50 hours each, and battled each other for fun as well. I bought it a little later, and probably got 4 hours of gameplay out of it.
It was my first Pokemon game, and I just wasn't into it as much as the others. No big deal, just move on and play Phoenix Wright like you should.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

W29 said:
Pokemon is a gimmick game. Do people over the age 17 still play this game? I'm just wondering?

I do. It has been my game of choice to pass the time during my never ending managment class in the morning.

Hmm after Pokemon Blue and red I had enough of Pokemon.

I enjoyed them but the new releases didn't satisfy me. It LOOKS always the same but with the only difference 'NEW POKEMON' .

(Is it me or are those new pokemon/animals not cool and just look stupid :s.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Hmm after Pokemon Blue and red I had enough of Pokemon.

I enjoyed them but the new releases didn't satisfy me. It LOOKS always the same but with the only difference 'NEW POKEMON' .

(Is it me or are those new pokemon/animals not cool and just look stupid :s.

Actually, there are more stuffs to it beside Pokemon. It has breeding (which is quite complexed) , pokemon contest, and other stuffs I don't quite remember. And of course, wifi online, lol.

I agree that most of the latest pokemons don't look as good as the original (the 1st one). They aren't as cute nor as cool. 

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Hmm so they included then some neew things :s. not that they look interestig for me tho ...

I would love a 3D Pokemon game on the Wii. (a game like on the gameboys, and for sure not like Pokemon stadium).

I'm 21 and I play pokemon. Chances are that none of you criticizing it as a kids game know much about it's deeper strategies. Pokemon games have more strategy than almost any RPG series on the market in online competitive play. The adventure itself is easy enough for a young child to win, but these games have depths of strategy that I doubt many of you have the patience to comprehend. If you don't believe it has deeper strategies, please go ahead and ask me what they are, but they really won't fit in a forum post...

The one thing that would probably get me hooked on Pokemon would be a fully 3D Wii game. IT WOULDN'T BE HARD!

They could have done it for GC...heck they probably could have done it for N64.

You explore in a fully 3D environment in a 3rd person view, either randomly coming across battles, or even cooler would be seeing fully realized Pokemon in the wild...as well as going to large stadiums to compete. That would be an awesome RPG if they did it right...instead of hocking money to "Pokemon Stadium: Revolution" type games...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

W29 said:
ElRhodeo said:
W29 said:
Pokemon is a gimmick game. Do people over the age 17 still play this game? I'm just wondering?

What a useless post. So, did you play it?

LOL....yea useless, think before actually saying something about someone posts...k? and yes I own a DS I had my DS since Pokemon was released. I put it down for 2 weeks and never returned to it. Now its just sitting in my sister room who is 15 years old who rarely plays it. She plays Nintendogs more than Pokemon. duh?

Well, my impression was that you just dropped your post to stir up some trouble. If you didn't, I'll take that back.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii)