By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

look at the games and deicide for yourself

Around the Network

I would get Wii or 360 though since they are easy to mod.

Sly777's innocent, non-threatening avatar is pissing me off!!

sly777 said:

I already own a nintendo wii. The console is pretty great but I would like to play games like sport games (hockey, football and basket...), RPG, Shooters...

I plan to buy a new console but I don't know which one to choose ( of course). The two console seems pretty cools but I would choose a console that offers a lot of games. I don't care about movies, photos, music...

Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a ps3 ? Please, don't be fanatic... I don't want to start a war, I just want to find somes answers

Thanks !

Get a 360.

Around the Network

The games you do want are games which the Xbox 360 is strongest in.

RPGs.

Mass Effect 1 (2 upcoming)
Fable 2 (3* Downloadable content)
Exclusive content + Fallout 3 plays better.
Risen (Upcoming)
Mahesty 2 (Upcoming and unique RPG)
Star Ocean IV
Magna Carta 2
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Venetica
+ Others are exclusive RPGs.

For shooters

Left 4 Dead (4 player coop Zombie shooter)
Gears of War 1/2 93/94 metacritic third person shooters.
Halo 3 (The best selling shooter of the generation)
Halo ODST (Expansion to the best selling shooter of the generation)

Tease.

While I cant reccomend anything due to me having both systems but you should buy 2 Gamecubes and duct tape them together, see if that does you any good.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:
While I cant reccomend anything due to me having both systems but you should buy 2 Gamecubes and duct tape them together, see if that does you any good.

Wait, what?  I own both, too...  I think that makes you most qualified to offer an opinion, since you've actually PLAYED both.

OP: based on new info, I'd say you should wait 3-5 years, and buy a PS3.  Apparently they're gonna be a pretty big deal next generation.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

The logical choice is always a couple of questions you must ask yourself.

1. What do the majority of your friends play on? Is it the type of games do you want to play? Also, would the console benefit any one else that lives with you?

2. Do you have favorite game from the previous generation and do know if a sequel that is not multiplatform coming to the system in question? Are there more games in that genre that will also be published on that system?

3. Even though you said you don't care, what other features that would best benefit your current setup (movie watching, TV HD or SD?, network setup, download content) What other future prices that you will have to face as a consumer? (Xbox Live, HDMI cables, joysticks, music game peripherals.)

I'm just saying...

Crap.. that is a lot of posts to read. My suggestion is to just look at the list of games for each system and see which you would like better.