By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Xbox 360 or a PS3 ?

COKTOE said:
PS3. Killer library of games, better tech that continues to be pushed, (Uncharted 2!), free online, internet browser, Blu-Ray movies, bigger and waayy more cost effective hard-drive storage, built-in wi-fi, and it comes bundled with the Sony exclusive, "working console".

He's right. Buy a PS3.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

PS3, because of all the JRPG's this year

Wandamaximoff said:
there is room for both!

but 100% 360 its a better system better games!

how the xbox can have bette games when 90% of the xbox games are multiplatform?i dont get it!

XBOX: Halo & Gears Of War

PS3 Now:Metal Gear Solid 4,Killzone 2,Little Big Planet,Uncharted,Ratchet & Clank,Motorstorm

PS3 Future: Gran Turismo 5,FF Versus XIII,God Of War 3,Infamous,Heavy Rain,Uncharted 2

and the lists goes on and on!

TT Makaveli said:
Wandamaximoff said:
there is room for both!

how the xbox can have bette games when 90% of the xbox games are multiplatform?i dont get it!

PS3 Now:Metal Gear Solid 4,Killzone 2,Little Big Planet,Uncharted,Ratchet & Clank,Motorstorm

PS3 Future: Gran Turismo 5,FF Versus XIII,God Of War 3,Infamous,Heavy Rain,Uncharted 2

The Xbox 360 has more AAA titles even without the PC.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
TT Makaveli said:
Wandamaximoff said:
there is room for both!

yeah youre right...now...but everybody knows that the ps3 got sooo much great games in the coming what the xbox dont have...so by the end of 2010 the PS3 will have more AAA titles...now everybody satisfied with the box games but in the future everybody want to play at least 5 PS3 exclusives!

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
TT Makaveli said:
Wandamaximoff said:
there is room for both!

I don't know about that. The 360 is the worst made console of all-time though. Complete engineering and QA incompatence. Has that been covered before?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

TT Makaveli said:
Squilliam said:
TT Makaveli said:
Wandamaximoff said:
there is room for both!

yeah youre right...now...but everybody knows that the ps3 got sooo much great games in the coming what the xbox dont have...so by the end of 2010 the PS3 will have more AAA titles...now everybody satisfied with the box games but in the future everybody want to play at least 5 PS3 exclusives!

I won't have my PS3 by then as I'll be selling very soon, the PS3 is a huge let down for me and none of my friends own a PS3 as they all have 360's, i'll be sticking with my 360 as it gives me much more enjoyment and offers me a lot more than the PS3 ever could, I hate blu ray so don't give a cr*p about that either (£25 a film for new releases on blu ray in the uk when i can just download and stream hd films to the 360 from torrent sites for free lol),

It's very nice of you to try and stick up for the PS3 but you don't have to talk rubbish in doing so, the 360 has more AAA games now and will continue to do so well into the future, lots of 360 games will be shown at this years E3 and will prove what a superb lineup the 360 has over the PS3 this year, most PS3 games do very poorly in sales terms hence many developers are expected to go to other platforms (360/Wii etc) which bring in more profits,

Most the PS3 games you mentioned don't even have a release date yet and at least three of them won't be out till next year,

Games wise, both systems share like 90% of the same 3rd party games, so I´d go with the console that has 1st/2nd party titles that are more appealing.

You know, a shooter fanboy could come on here and say that console X is better than console Y because it has lots of good shooters. If you don't like shooters, he's not helping you.

So...look at the lists. Seriously. Here, I'll even help you.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

Because you are the only one who knows which console you would prefer. Seriously. I have no idea if you prefer Halo to Killzone, or Ratchet and Clank to Banjo-Kazooie, or Uncharted to Gears of War (random comparison, I know)

I would of course advise that you get a PS3, because it's +1 to PS3 sales, more money to Sony, and I suppose, another person to play online with. But this is coming from a huge Sony fan, so can you take my opinion as fair and unbiased?

If you can, go ahead, buy a PS3 right now. If not, look at those lists. Ignore the arbitrary numbers. It doesn't matter whether one console has more 90+ titles than the other, because chances are you won't like all of those. Look at the games rated 80+, and see which ones appeal to you.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

FKNetwork said:
TT Makaveli said:
Squilliam said:
TT Makaveli said:
Wandamaximoff said:
there is room for both!

I won't have my PS3 by then as I'll be selling very soon, the PS3 is a huge let down for me and none of my friends own a PS3 as they all have 360's, i'll be sticking with my 360 as it gives me much more enjoyment and offers me a lot more than the PS3 ever could, I hate blu ray so don't give a cr*p about that either (£25 a film for new releases on blu ray in the uk when i can just download and stream hd films to the 360 from torrent sites for free lol),

It's very nice of you to try and stick up for the PS3 but you don't have to talk rubbish in doing so, the 360 has more AAA games now and will continue to do so well into the future, lots of 360 games will be shown at this years E3 and will prove what a superb lineup the 360 has over the PS3 this year, most PS3 games do very poorly in sales terms hence many developers are expected to go to other platforms (360/Wii etc) which bring in more profits,

Most the PS3 games you mentioned don't even have a release date yet and at least three of them won't be out till next year,

I'm glad you've found a console that suits your tastes.

I personally prefer the PS3, which is why I bought it. I prefer the game library. Which is why I bought it. Metacritic isn't going to tell me that a console I didn't choose has better games than a console I did choose. Four 360 exclusives (Gears 1+2, Halo 3, Fable II) appeal to be, while several more PS3 exclusives do, if only because I owned a PS1, PS2 and PSP.

It all depends on taste, which is what I'm trying to tell the OP.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective